Contribute
Register

Bluetooth Problems workaround - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a desktop pc based on asus z97 pro wifi ac. I also can't enable bluetooth with kextbeast and AsusBCM20702A0Bluetooth.kext and BTFirmwareUploader.kext on clover el capitan. wifi is working fine though. Is there somebody that managed to use bluetooth on this motherboard?

I have also the same motherboard, an Asus Z97 pro wifi-ac under El Capitan 10.11.4 . I have enabled bluetooth with kext utility and the two next kexts : AsusBCM20702A0Bluetooth.kext and BTFirmwareUploader.kext in its v3.0.5 revision.
They have been installed in S/L/E and Bluetooth is now working fine.
Before, I tried the two kexts from rehabman, in /EFI/../kext/10.11 but I didn't success. I suppose they were not adapted to this motherboard (bluetooth is integrated and not usb device).

Be careful that I had to do a cold reboot before seeing the bluetooth utility into the preferences.

I can attest that this method works for the CSR BT Dongle in macOS Sierra.

I've used this device for OOB bluetooth since Leopard and never had any issues. Lately (6 months ago) i've been running Linux on my machine because my needs as an user changed.
This week one of my friends built himself an hackintosh, installed macOS Sierra and bought an Apple BT Keyboard. Since he didn't had Bluetooth, i gave him this dongle and told him it would work OOB. To my surprise it didn't... Then i've found this topic, followed the instructions and now everything is working just fine.

This has now got bluetooth working. Only problem is the hackintosh is now kernel panicking every time it gets shutdown. Anyone else have this issue?

This has now got bluetooth working. Only problem is the hackintosh is now kernel panicking every time it gets shutdown. Anyone else have this issue?

Make sure that Serial Port is disabled in the BIOS. Its known to cause kernel panics.

On on both my desktop and my Laptop bluetooth was working under Yosemite and is no longer working under El Capitan
For Laptop (Dell DW155 - Broadcom devices), I tried Rehabman fix:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-brcmpatchram/overview
It is working on Laptop but not on my Desktop.
For Desktop, I use since Leopard a Bluetooth V2.0 Dongle working OOB:
Supplier : 0x0a12 (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.) - Product : 0x0001

I used a dirty solution, rolling back the bluetooth kexts to Yosemite 10.10.5.
(before trying check that your USB port is working, there are also lot of issues).
How to do and kexts are in the attachement. Note that the kext installer in no longer disabling system protection (method no longer valid in final version). It is making a backup of Kexts.
Kexts in the zip are untouched.
Good luck.

hi MarcelBidon,. it worked for me thank you very much,, i install it in sierra 10.12.6 on imac 18.3 smbios profile, my bluetooth mouse and keyboard working perfectly, but i felt my system now is slowing down, especially in first boot and having a white shadow on it, and need about 5 minit for system work properly, does it happen to you aswell

hey guys need some help with my Broadcom BCM94331CD airport card. dont get bluetooth working. as i had previously installed a usb dongle before i deleted the bluetooth plist and restarted. wifi works out of the box

thx

On on both my desktop and my Laptop bluetooth was working under Yosemite and is no longer working under El Capitan
For Laptop (Dell DW155 - Broadcom devices), I tried Rehabman fix:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-brcmpatchram/overview
It is working on Laptop but not on my Desktop.
For Desktop, I use since Leopard a Bluetooth V2.0 Dongle working OOB:
Supplier : 0x0a12 (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.) - Product : 0x0001

I used a dirty solution, rolling back the bluetooth kexts to Yosemite 10.10.5.
(before trying check that your USB port is working, there are also lot of issues).
How to do and kexts are in the attachement. Note that the kext installer in no longer disabling system protection (method no longer valid in final version). It is making a backup of Kexts.
Kexts in the zip are untouched.
Good luck.

THANKS A BILLION TIMES WORKED FOR ME SUPERBLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back