Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
On on both my desktop and my Laptop bluetooth was working under Yosemite and is no longer working under El Capitan
For Laptop (Dell DW155 - Broadcom devices), I tried Rehabman fix:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-brcmpatchram/overview
It is working on Laptop but not on my Desktop.
For Desktop, I use since Leopard a Bluetooth V2.0 Dongle working OOB:
Supplier : 0x0a12 (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.) - Product : 0x0001
I used a dirty solution, rolling back the bluetooth kexts to Yosemite 10.10.5.
(before trying check that your USB port is working, there are also lot of issues).
How to do and kexts are in the attachement. Note that the kext installer in no longer disabling system protection (method no longer valid in final version). It is making a backup of Kexts.
Kexts in the zip are untouched.
Good luck.

Attachments

• Bluetooth 10.10.5 Fix.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 3,358
Can anyone confirm this? I can't get my bluetooth 2.0 usb dongle to function on El Cap to connect my wireless apple keyboard. Bluetooth is marked as available but it doesn't find any devices.

Can anyone confirm this? I can't get my bluetooth 2.0 usb dongle to function on El Cap to connect my wireless apple keyboard. Bluetooth is marked as available but it doesn't find any devices.
My dongle was visible in the USB connected devices. No Bluetooth device visible.
I did not try with a keyboard (mine is wired), Apple trackpad and mouse are working correctly.
Panels are ok. No problem so far.
I had fun to find which driver depend of which.
You can use this command: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/ && sudo kextcache -Boot -U /
to rebuild cache and see what is loading and the dependency problems.

Unfortunately it doesn‘t work for me. I have "hama" usb bluetooth dongle and it works under yosemite without any particular settings.

I have a desktop pc based on asus z97 pro wifi ac. I also can't enable bluetooth with kextbeast and AsusBCM20702A0Bluetooth.kext and BTFirmwareUploader.kext on clover el capitan. wifi is working fine though. Is there somebody that managed to use bluetooth on this motherboard?

Hello,

I have a desktop (see signature) and BT 4.0 USB dongles from IOGear and Gymle that both don't
work correctly. When starting, it results in a jumpy Magic Mouse and Trackpad. In the log, I find
lots of "REQUIRE failure" in system.log.

But as soon as I am un-pluging and re-pluging the dongle, it will work perfectly, even with several
sleep/wake cycles. Happens with both dongles on all USB ports.

I checked a lot on USB issues and DSDT patches, but I am currently prety convinced that it is not
a USB issue.

Next step i will try out is using BrcmPatchRam2, because maybe the firmware I have in the dongles
is not actual, or even if it is, I hope that loading the firmware will cause a kind of reset of the dongle
(like the un-plug/plug).

BR,
Karlson.

I gave the BrcmPatchRAM2/BrcmFirmwareData package a chance and installed that in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11.
It will recognized device 0a5c:21e8 and loaded BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1443.1459_v5555 which did the job.

It still does sleep/wake, but survives restart and power off/on cycles as well.

It complains "Can't open CFBundle for /EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\BrcmFirmwareData.kext" although it's there,
but it does the job.

Maybe it helps someone else, too.

BR,
Karlson.

Let's hope that a programmer can create some new drivers for bluetooth, so they could be included to multibeast hopefully!:headbang:

Hey Rehab thanks for the link. My problem unfortunately is that I read all the instructions and finally I couldn't understand what to do to make my bcm4352 bluetooth to work with 10.11. Should I use kext beast with some files? Sorry for not understanding the technical language you use, but is it possible to help me a bit? I have a asus z97 pro and I installed 10.11 with the new clover unibeast. Or should I wait for multibeast to incorporate your kexts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back