Contribute
Register

Bluetooth Problems workaround - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again ammulder! :) Thanks for helping out!

So kextbeast is not the proper app to install kexts to clover? The funny thing is that I installed my wifi with kextbeast and works like a charm! :thumbup: So this is somewhat difficult to explain now. What kextbeast does exactly?

Now for the installation method you mention, it means that I just copy the file mentioned to the correct path, or there is something more? The install verb is starting to confuse me... :oops: Sorry for my ignorance, but I do a clover setup for first time. Thanks!

On on both my desktop and my Laptop bluetooth was working under Yosemite and is no longer working under El Capitan
For Laptop (Dell DW155 - Broadcom devices), I tried Rehabman fix:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-brcmpatchram/overview
It is working on Laptop but not on my Desktop.
For Desktop, I use since Leopard a Bluetooth V2.0 Dongle working OOB:
Supplier : 0x0a12 (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.) - Product : 0x0001
I used a dirty solution, rolling back the bluetooth kexts to Yosemite 10.10.5.
(before trying check that your USB port is working, there are also lot of issues).
How to do and kexts are in the attachement. Note that the kext installer in no longer disabling system protection (method no longer valid in final version). It is making a backup of Kexts.
Kexts in the zip are untouched.
Good luck.

Thank you this worked for me!

Using:
Product ID: 0x0001
Vendor ID: 0x0a12 (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.)
Version: 1.34

So kextbeast is not the proper app to install kexts to clover? The funny thing is that I installed my wifi with kextbeast and works like a charm! :thumbup: So this is somewhat difficult to explain now. What kextbeast does exactly?

KextBeast (as of right now) installs kexts to /System/Library/Extensions, not to Clover.

Kexts work in one of three locations:
1. /System/Library/Extensions
2. /Library/Extensions (currently recommended by Apple)
3. EFI/CLOVER/kexts/... on the EFI partition of the boot drive, so long as Clover is configured to inject kexts (which it normally is)

Most kexts work in any of the three locations, though the occasional one does not. But you don't want two copies trying to load, so #1 and #2 are mutually exclusive for any given kext. If you have one copy in #1 or #2 and a second copy in #3, then which one gets loaded is determined by the InjectKexts setting in your config.plist.

To put a kext in #3 you can just copy it there with Finder. To put it in #1 or #2, it won't work if copied in Finder, which is why tools like KextBeast exist.

Very informative ammulder thanks! So what kextbeast is doing, if not just copying the kexts to the correct destination?

Ok... as a start I tried to copy the files BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to efi partition at /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 folder. I didn't modify any permissions... I also checked my config.plist file in clover and I have these statements:
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>1</string>
Is this the inject kext key you mentioned previously? And if yes is the value 1 a correct one?

After doing all the above steps, my bluetooth still doesn't work. System report says that information is not found for my bluetooth.

I don't know what finder does wrong. I think a "sudo cp -rf" works, but Finder doesn't. Maybe it doesn't do permissions right or something?

In my Yosemite installation when I was looking into /System/Library/Extensions I found a file called bcm4352.kext. This kext file is not the one I installed. The original kexts were: BTFirmwareUploader.kext and AsusBCM20702A0Bluetooth.kext. bcm4352 is the model of asus z97 pro wifi ac bluetooth which I use. So maybe kextbeast extracts the proper info from the source kexts to create this one? So that is why just copying kexts doesn't do the trick? And maybe the first kext contains the instructions so that kextbeast can create bcm4352.kext from the AsusBCM20702A0Bluetooth.kext? Or bcm4352.kext, was installed originally by multibeast?

P.S. Sorry but finally I found that my thought is just wrong. bcm4352 is the kext for wifi and I installed it with kextbeast. So ignore this message pls. Sorry!

Finally I followed this guide here "http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/176746-success-z97-deluxe-el-capitan-install-10-11-a.html#post1136221". And everything, including bluetooth, is working fine now!!! The only thing I can't do is to boot to the recovery partition. I need it because I use totalspaces 2 for having my spaces on a grid and I need to partially deactivate system integrity protection.

Any advice please? Should I create a new thread for that matter?

Finally I followed this guide here "http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/176746-success-z97-deluxe-el-capitan-install-10-11-a.html#post1136221". And everything, including bluetooth, is working fine now!!! The only thing I can't do is to boot to the recovery partition. I need it because I use totalspaces 2 for having my spaces on a grid and I need to partially deactivate system integrity protection.

Any advice please? Should I create a new thread for that matter?

No need! Clover can deactivate SIP, and the know how lies in tonymac's forums and totalspaces works just fine but with SIP fully deactivated. So no need to mess with the recovery partition. Thank you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back