1070FE
My build specs:
CPU: Inter i7-8700K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070FE
MB: ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC)
Audio: ALCS1220A
WiFi-Bluetooth: BCM943602CS-4
RAM: G.SKILL C16 3200 8G*4

Everything was running well when I was on 17G65, but I upgraded it to 17G7024 accidentally...
I can still turn on/off bluetooth, everything shows up in system report. But when I try to connect to my Master 2S, it's flashing connected/unconnected very fast, then says unconnected...

I've tried:

rebuild the system cache;
remove the bluetooth plist in /L/Preference;
tried to change to iMac in Clover Configurator;

but none of them works.

Anyone has any idea what should I do?

Thanks

My build specs:
CPU: Inter i7-8700K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070FE
MB: ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC)
Audio: ALCS1220A
WiFi-Bluetooth: BCM943602CS-4
RAM: G.SKILL C16 3200 8G*4

Everything was running well when I was on 17G65, but I upgraded it to 17G7024 accidentally...
I can still turn on/off bluetooth, everything shows up in system report. But when I try to connect to my Master 2S, it's flashing connected/unconnected very fast, then says unconnected...

I've tried:

rebuild the system cache;
remove the bluetooth plist in /L/Preference;
tried to change to iMac in Clover Configurator;

but none of them works.

Anyone has any idea what should I do?

Thanks
View attachment 415193
View attachment 415194

Hello there,

Well you have the same wireless/Bluetooth card as I do. Everything in your System Reports and USB section looks okay :thumbup:

There are only a couple of things which maybe are related to the problem:

1) Is your Broadcom wireless card replacing the motherboard's original Intel card? Do you use an adapter?

2) What is the 4th line down in your "USB 3.0 Bus" - "Bluetooth Radio"? In my working set up I only have the 1st line "Bluetooth USB Host Controller"

I also note that System Report doesn't identify your "MX Master 2S" as a mouse. I wonder why?

I also run the same version of High Sierra. No problems at all. So we must be missing something ...

Hello there,

Well you have the same wireless/Bluetooth card as I do. Everything in your System Reports and USB section looks okay :thumbup:

There are only a couple of things which maybe are related to the problem:

1) Is your Broadcom wireless card replacing the motherboard's original Intel card? Do you use an adapter?

2) What is the 4th line down in your "USB 3.0 Bus" - "Bluetooth Radio"? In my working set up I only have the 1st line "Bluetooth USB Host Controller"

I also note that System Report doesn't identify your "MX Master 2S" as a mouse. I wonder why?

I also run the same version of High Sierra. No problems at all. So we must be missing something ...

The BCM943602CS-4 card I'm using is a PCIE card. It looks like this:

The "Bluetooth Radio" is the wifi/bluetooth card came with the motherboard. I only use it on Windows 10 and never try to drive it on Hackintosh.

And I forgot to mention that, when I first upgraded to 17G7024, my mouse was connected and "useable", but I was suffering from sever lag, so I disconnected it. Unfortunately I won't be able to reconnect it...

I'm using Unifying connector, so I can use my mouse now...but still no luck with my Bluetooth :(

Is there any chance there are some other cache in the system that's causing the problem?

And I'm considering to install Mojave to another SSD, but clearly I need to replace my GPU, do you have any recommendation? How about the 5700/5700XT?

The BCM943602CS-4 card I'm using is a PCIE card. It looks like this:
View attachment 415267

The "Bluetooth Radio" is the wifi/bluetooth card came with the motherboard. I only use it on Windows 10 and never try to drive it on Hackintosh.
View attachment 415266

And I forgot to mention that, when I first upgraded to 17G7024, my mouse was connected and "useable", but I was suffering from sever lag, so I disconnected it. Unfortunately I won't be able to reconnect it...

I'm using Unifying connector, so I can use my mouse now...but still no luck with my Bluetooth :(

Is there any chance there are some other cache in the system that's causing the problem?

And I'm considering to install Mojave to another SSD, but clearly I need to replace my GPU, do you have any recommendation? How about the 5700/5700XT?

Okay.

The motherboard bluetooth radio might be causing conflicts even though you do not use it - because it shows up in System Report. As you are using the PCIe card can you remove the other one for testing?

Sorry I have no experience of the 5700 GPU. Try doing a search here for information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back