Register

Bluetooth not working on sonoma with ax200 wifi card

Motherboard
MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wifi
CPU
Ryzen 5 5600
Graphics
RX 6700 XT
(firstly the base EFI is from @craighazan so thanks to him for that)

I've successfully managed to install Sonoma (14.4.1) on my system, but unfortunately I can't get the bluetooth to work. I don't need wifi on this system as I have an Ethernet cable. The Wifi icon in the menu bar shows an exclamation mark and won't let me enable it, I can click the bluetooth button in control center but it loads forever and doesn't turn on. My MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wifi motherboard has a ax200 wifi card in it as far as I can tell. I've attached my full EFI but the BT-related kexts I have are

1. BlueToolFixup.kext
  2. BrcmBluetoothInkector.kext
  3. BrcmPatchRam3.kext
  4. IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
  5. IntelBTPatcher.kext
System Specs: Ryzen 5 5600, RX 6700 XT, MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wifi.

https://github.com/PNRYates/hackintosh-efi <-- my efi folder

I've successfully managed to install Sonoma (14.4.1) on my system, but unfortunately I can't get the bluetooth to work. I don't need wifi on this system as I have an Ethernet cable. The Wifi icon in the menu bar shows an exclamation mark and won't let me enable it, I can click the bluetooth button in control center but it loads forever and doesn't turn on. My MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wifi motherboard has a ax200 wifi card in it as far as I can tell. I've attached my full EFI but the BT-related kexts I have are

1. BlueToolFixup.kext
  3. BrcmPatchRam3.kext
  5. IntelBTPatcher.kext

please upload your files here next time

also remove broadcom kexts and enable intel kexts (if you have intel wifi)

1. BlueToolFixup.kext
  3. BrcmPatchRam3.kext
  5. IntelBTPatcher.kext

Hello there.

First things first. No need to post links off-site. Just ZIP and "Attach Files" your EFI folder to a post. (Otherwise your posts may get deleted) :thumbup:

Okay then.

AX200 Intel wireless and Bluetooth *will* work fine with Sonoma as long as you use the correct files and versions.

You do not need any BRCM*.* kext as you do not have a Broadcomm wireless chipset.

For Bluetooth you need:

IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
IntelBTPatcher.kext
BlueToolFixup.kext

This last kext does indeed come from the Acidanthera / BrcmPatchRAM-2.6.8-RELEASE.zip repository.

:)

please upload your files here next time

also remove broadcom kexts and enable intel kexts (if you have intel wifi)

Ha!!

Good afternoon! :D

Sorry for offsite upload, just checking when changing kexts its ok just to use propertree cmd+r to redo the plist right?

1. BlueToolFixup.kext
  3. BrcmPatchRam3.kext
  5. IntelBTPatcher.kext

Congratulations on installing macOS Sonoma on your build, I'm sure @Jamesbond007 will be very happy with your success too!. I'm only using three BT kexts labelled blue below. For Wi-Fi on Sonoma 14.4.1 make sure to download the correct kext, it was updated yesterday.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 11.25.39 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 11.29.39 AM.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately after
  1. adding Airportitlwm (v2.3)
  2. Removing BRCM kexts
  3. Updating config.plist
  4. rebooting
It still has the same issue. I've attached the changed EFI directly this time.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.9 MB · Views: 3
Did you reset NVRAM?.

Back