CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
HD 7770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It works stably on Windows and Monterey on the same hackintosh, but on Ventura, which is installed on NVMe, the bluetooth falls off a couple of times a day, either out of the blue, or if one of the connected bluetooth device is disconnected, most time with the error "Volume Hash Mismatch" in the upper right corner, but sometimes without it. To make it discoverable devices again the system reboot is required. Someone tells the NVMe is to blame, but if so why it affects only bluetooth and everything else in the system works fine? This is incredibly annoying, because I use a keyboard, mouse, headphones and speakers which all work via Bluetooth.

Any ideas? Attached the screenshots.

P.S. Wifi from the same card works perfectly even after bluetooth falls off.
P.P.S. NVMe KBG40ZNV256G KIOXIA

Thanks a lot for any help

Bluetooth_2.jpegBluetooth_1.jpegVolume Hash Mismatch Error.jpegdisk2s4.pngdpcimanager.jpegKext_list.pngHack.jpeg

Last edited:
Is it worth to replace NVMe SSD to check if this is the case? Thanks

Yes.

Changing NVMe drive didn't solve the problem. Bluetooth keeps stopping working randomly. If I don't reboot the system and wait for some time, maybe half an hour, it starts discovering Bluetooth devices again as if nothing happened. Any ideas?

Last edited:
When you changed the NVME drive did you undertake a clean install of macOS?

Yes, I did, I even installed another distributive, Ventura 13.1 instead 13.0 which I had on the initial drive

Testing after updating to macOS 13.4 and Airportltlwm.kext to the last version which was released just the other days.

So far so good, will cross my fingers.

The only thing that is rest is if I turn the bluetooth off and then on, it won't turn on until I reboot. Of course I won't do that without need, but would be better if it would be fixed.

Back