Contribute
Register

Bluetooth Apple wireless keyboard in Chameleon - almost there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Following tips and guides from around tonymac, especially in the forum post linked below, I've managed to get my wireless Apple bluetooth keyboard working in Chameleon (to select Windows, OS X, or Linux at boot) but *only after a restart*. On a start-up after a shut down, Chameleon does not respond to my keyboard.

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10129

You'll notice my experience is the same as Gambol in the forum post above.

I'm using a Targus Bluetooth USB stick (ACB10US). Like Gambol in the post above, I copied "IOBluetoothFamily.kext" into my Extra/Extensions folder -- before I did that the Bluetooth keyboard did not work in Chameleon at all.

I've tried waiting 5+ minutes at the bootloader screen to see if my Bluetooth keyboard just needed more time to connect, and tried mashing keys to prompt a connection. No luck.

My question: does anyone have any tips or ideas as to how to get the Bluetooth keyboard working in Chameleon after a shut down? I'm so close to being able to ditch my USB keyboard. Any advice would be most appreciated. Please let me know if you need more info about my setup. Thanks!

Before i switched to just using a wired keyboard i just used this bluetooth dongle. I did a bunch of research before i bought it to make sure that it would work not only in Chameleon but in the bios too on cold boot. The problem was with it was that it can be slow to start up so sometimes i would miss getting to what i wanted. I got annoyed in the end and found the wired small apple keyboard on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back