Yosemite
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have recommended mATX December build 2014 with slight modification. All parts are from the recommendation list thou.

GIGABYTE GA-H97M-D3M S1150 MATX retail
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.9GHz Socket 1150 Boxed
EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti Sc 2GB DDR5
Crusial BallistiX Sport Kit 2x8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Corsair Power Supply 500W CX500 80 Plus Bronze
SEA BARRACUDA 1TB 3.5" SATA3 7.2K 64MB
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter

I'm using the newest Uni- and MultiBeast.

After the Yosemite and MultiBeast installation I have boot0 error. I followed the official boot0 error guide method 1 which didn't help. When I now boot to my system my monitor screen turn off in the middle of system loading screen. Just a moment before the turn off I hear this sound from my speak, a sound like the speakers are turning off or getting a signal. The Verbose mode give an error that has something to do with power management and sound.

Here is the link to the Verbose boot: http://youtu.be/Qp8fjL_rAao

Please help. I though that if you buy a recommended build you will get problem free installation. Is this what I should expect? Always some troubleshooting when installing or updating system? I need my OSX to be main operation system for graphical work. I must be stable and I need to trust it to start every morning ready for the work.

I believe many boot0 errors in new Yosemite installs may be related to the current version of Chimera itself or the way Multibeast installs Chimera. At least that has been my sad experience.

Not to snark but a MacMini might have cost about the same and yield equivalent performance as your hardware. I think that potential hackintosh builders who only want to use OSX should run the numbers. High end graphics cards, e.g Nividia 760 and faster, are essentially wasted on OSX. The advantage of a hackintosh to run OSX only is based on brute CPU power at a better than Apple price, IMHO. That means i7 processors to me that can run at full speed.

I lost access to my Mavericks partition and could not get Yosemite to boot, seeing what you are seeing, with the current version of Chimera/Multibeast. I have a copy of the initial stand alone Chimera installer which solved all my problems but I do not believe that file is still available on this site. However the 4.1 stand alone installer may work as well.

Mavericks is easier to install and configure: there is no advantage to Yosemite in a hackintosh without the Clover bootloader. You may want to try that. Regardless of what flavor of OSX it has rarely worked for me to try to install everything in one run of Multibeast.

I suggest a reinstall--this may or may not work for you but it is how I finally got things to work, albeit with an "older" version of Chimera. Using Unibeast boot into Yosemite. Instead of running Multibeast download and run the Chimera installer only. Then run Multibeast with the Chimera installer unselected and just the basic non-DSDT package and nothing else. See if that allows you to boot off the hard drive. If so back it up and then run Multibeast with only network or audio kexts as needed (and nothing else). Audio output has to be properly set up in the sound settings.

Alternatively reinstall and stick with booting via Unibeast: that should provide network functions but probably no Audio.

Perhaps comparing color management in OSX and Windows on the same hardware, as I have done with every version since Snow Leopard, will enlighten you about the myths of OSX as a graphics platform.

Hi,

I have recommended mATX December build 2014 with slight modification. All parts are from the recommendation list thou.

GIGABYTE GA-H97M-D3M S1150 MATX retail
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.9GHz Socket 1150 Boxed
EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti Sc 2GB DDR5
Crusial BallistiX Sport Kit 2x8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Corsair Power Supply 500W CX500 80 Plus Bronze
SEA BARRACUDA 1TB 3.5" SATA3 7.2K 64MB
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter

I'm using the newest Uni- and MultiBeast.

After the Yosemite and MultiBeast installation I have boot0 error. I followed the official boot0 error guide method 1 which didn't help. When I now boot to my system my monitor screen turn off in the middle of system loading screen. Just a moment before the turn off I hear this sound from my speak, a sound like the speakers are turning off or getting a signal. The Verbose mode give an error that has something to do with power management and sound.

Here is the link to the Verbose boot: http://youtu.be/Qp8fjL_rAao

Please help. I though that if you buy a recommended build you will get problem free installation. Is this what I should expect? Always some troubleshooting when installing or updating system? I need my OSX to be main operation system for graphical work. I must be stable and I need to trust it to start every morning ready for the work.

Stork has done a very good guide to using Z97 hardware and installing Yosemite with the GTX 750Ti. I suggest that you do not install audio kexts to start with ( can be added later ), you will need to use the correct Ethernet option for your hardware.:thumbup:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...600-chimera-multibeast-method.html#post925481

Thank you for help.

... a MacMini might have cost about the same and yield equivalent performance as your hardware.

This setup cost me 700€. With that money I can't get anything equivalent from Apple Mac Store.

Perhaps comparing color management in OSX and Windows on the same hardware, as I have done with every version since Snow Leopard, will enlighten you about the myths of OSX as a graphics platform.

Do you say that Windows is as good as OSX for graphics platform?

Anyways I'm having second thoughts about making a Hackintosh. I need a system that runs well. Not system that I need to "play" with it by tweaking and solving problems from time to time. I've red the guide to how to make iMessages to work, looks like a big PITA. Now I start to understand that having a Hackingtosh is just asking for problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back