Contribute
Register

Black screen on login after installing i1Studio on perfectly working OC hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Q524U (Laptop)
CPU
Intel Core I7-6500U
Graphics
Intel HD520 + NVIDIA 940MX (Disabled)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I set my laptop up with OC 0.6.0, all the latest kexts, and the latest public release of Catalina last week. After tweaking I would consider my setup as close to perfect as possible.

That is until I wanted to color calibrate my screen. I installed i1Studio so that I could use my ColorMunki Display to calibrate my screen, the installer requires you to reboot after its done. Ever since that reboot I cant login without being in safe-mode.

Prior, I would turn on the computer, see the OC bootloader, Apple logo, File Vault login screen, then straight to desktop. Now when I login at the Filevault login screen it loads about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way and then the screen goes black, but the backlight is still on. Luckily I can still login using Safe-mode. I tried another OC bootloader with the -v option enabled, but unfortunately this is happening after the boot process.

So far I have done the following, and was able to log back in normally once, and then on the next reboot I had the issue again.
  1. Run the Full un-install script found here to remove i1Studio
  2. i used Find any File to find left over traces of i1Studio (and there were plenty)
  3. COMPLETELY REINSTALLED macOS, thankfully without wiping the drive.

Unfortunately I did not make a TimeMachine backup prior to this issue either. I did however make one during the one normal boot I got after doing the above steps.

I was getting ready to reboot into recovery and unfortunately wipe the drive and start over, when I decided to try and boot normally one more time. and as luck would have it, it worked, so im now inexplicably booted normally again...

Is there any way I can generate a log or something during this time? I would really like to find out whats going wrong.

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back