Contribute
Register

Black Screen GTX 780 After Sierra 10.12.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys thank you all for the help so I’m going to go for 11.2 and try open core. I will do some reading now from the post you have mentioned and give it a try.

if I did however have to get onto my Sierra that has the black screens am I just able to reinstall a lower version of clover that is similar the the original version I had that should work with my existing kexts etc?
If so does anyone have a version in mind to try. I will need to be able to get into it to dump my kexts won’t I?

again many thanks

OP is using r5134 which renders /EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI redundant.
New location is /EFI/Clover/Drivers/UEFI.
Hey sorry to be a pain would you be able to advise me on what version of clover to use just to make a recovery usb just to get into Sierra save my files and export DSDT etc.

Hey sorry to be a pain would you be able to advise me on what version of clover to use just to make a recovery usb just to get into Sierra save my files and export DSDT etc.
Somewhere around r5120.
Check the Clover change log to be certain.

Somewhere around r5120.
Check the Clover change log to be certain.
Hi

So I have some progress I have managed to get it to boot now but im still getting just the black screens again however I can see the screens when I screen share from my MacBook Pro.

Do you know why this is the install all seems to be fine from what I am seeing

YAY just to say that I have managed to get it working I had forgot to move the dsdt over so now everything is working fine it actually just seems like the oprriginal issue was the fact that clover was out of date. But as you said I then upgraded it slightly too far so installing r4509 then copying over my original kexts and dsdt has resolved the issue I now have a fully working Sierra install again.

Im going to try and update to the last version of MacOS before Big Sur as someone mentioned earlier that there were issues with that so ill stay clear.

Before I do I have to ask is there a good guide that I should follow to be able to directly install it on top of my Sierra installation and keep all my files and settings etc?

Thank you again for the support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back