Intel Core i7 4770k
Graphics
GTX 780 x 2 SLi
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I have been having an issue of black screens after updating a working Sierra install to 10.12.6.

Lucky I had a carbon copy of an El Capitan install that im able to boot into. I have been told that the GTX 780 has native support so im unsure what is going on here. My clover is not injecting any graphics at all. And my monitors are connected via DVI. After the apple logo loading screen all I get is two black screens with a mouse pointer that im able to move fine but do nothing else.

I have tried boot in verbose and also safe mode but still get the same result of the black screens.

I have spent all evening looking over threads like for the pat 8 hours and I am unsure what to do it was working fine on Sierra before the security update.

Here is my specs

Overview

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac14,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7 4770k
Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 32 GB
Bus Speed: 400 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM142.0118.B00
SMC Version (system): 2.15f7

Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3072 MB x 2 SLi

Network
Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2200 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet:
Kext name: AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
Location: /System/Library/Extensions/AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

Audio
Intel High Definition Audio:
Audio ID: 1

Motherboard
MSI Z97-GAMING 9 AC

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Ok so I just updated clover from 2.3k rev 3974 to the latest version Release 5134

Now when it boots into clover all I can see is the windows drives I don't see the two mac hard drives so no longer can boot into the working El Capitan or the Sierra build

Please has anyone got any ideas on this im pulling my hair out here

I just updated clover from 2.3k rev 3974 to the latest version Release 5134
The two versions of Clover are significantly different with a new folder structure and the addition of Quirks to the config.plist meaning that you cannot reuse the same config.plist unedited with both versions as you could previously.

The two versions of Clover are significantly different with a new folder structure and the addition of Quirks to the config.plist meaning that you cannot reuse the same config.plist unedited with both versions as you could previously.
Hi

Thankyou for you Responce. Yeah I’m finding lots has changed I was out the country for 4 years and just had my MacBook.

what would you suggest that I do possibly install a newer version of clover to the original but not so new that it’s majority different. If this is the case do you have a version in mind for me?

should I look at using open core and just re doing everything and going up to big sur? Would my rig handle that?

I feel like such a noob at the moment with it all as been away from the hackintosh for so long.

many help or guidance is massively appreciated

thank you

should I look at using open core and just re doing everything and going up to big sur? Would my rig handle that?
Yes, OC is preferred for Big Sur. You have a Haswell i7-4770K so use the iMac 15,1 SMBIOS with Big Sur. 14,2 is not supported. The GTX 780 is still fully supported in Big Sur. You're good to go.

Ok so I just updated clover from 2.3k rev 3974 to the latest version Release 5134

Now when it boots into clover all I can see is the windows drives I don't see the two mac hard drives so no longer can boot into the working El Capitan or the Sierra build

Please has anyone got any ideas on this im pulling my hair out here
Have you installed the HFSPlus.efi and APFS.efi files in your EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI folder?

OpenCore is the future.
Yes, I have to agree. And even if
he is able to ‘see’ his drives in Clover he may not necessarily be able to boot into it because the memory protections used by Apple since Mojave onwards has made it difficult for Clover (and other software/patches) to work.

If you want to create a build for your motherboard check out opencore.slowgeek.com. It is Dortania’s sanity checker and can help you diagnose and define the correct settings needed for your machine. I would advise against to go straight to Big Sur 11.3 at this moment because it still has issues. BS 11.2 would be fine however. You just need to dump your DSDT, create your SSDTs via a script such as SSDTPrGen, add in the necessary kexts and drivers via Dortania’s guide, and should be good to go.

Have you installed the HFSPlus.efi and APFS.efi files in your EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI folder?
OP is using r5134 which renders /EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI redundant.
New location is /EFI/Clover/Drivers/UEFI.

OP is using r5134 which renders /EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI redundant.
New location is /EFI/Clover/Drivers/UEFI.
Ah right, I wasn’t aware of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back