i5 3750K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
EDIT: UD5H Black Screen post-install, now partially working

EDIT: I got the system to boot into Mountain Lion without the USB by doing the following:
1. Running MultiBeast with ONLY UserDSDT checked
2. ShowAllFiles to view /Extra on USB
3. Copying .plist from USB to .plist on Mountain Lion
4. Rebooting

I'm now going to go line by line and re-add the code that I removed from the .plist file to see what was causing my black screen. Right now, GraphicsEnabler=Yes and Graphics Mode is giving me full resolution.

Hi all,

First, I'm a total noob and I'm sure I have overlooked something obvious to a more seasoned user. If so, please feel free to smack me upside the head - I'd be grateful for it, if it will get my system running!

The black screen is a topic that has been covered at length, I know, but for some reason none of the fixes help. I install ML on the SSD just fine, boot into ML with the USB still plugged in, install MultiBeast (with a variety of settings, from basic to guessing), shut down, remove the USB drive and then reboot off the SSD. It seems to boot fine, at this point, but right before it should go over to the login screen, the whole monitor goes dark, remarks that it has no signal, and shuts off. Turning the monitor on and off does not help, nor does unplugging and re-plugging the cable. The monitor is plugged in through the DVI port with a DVI to DVI cable, and the resolution is pitifully low, but I figure I'll fix that once I can get the thing to boot. I'm at my wits end and I know there's someone out there who can't point me in the right direction!

Here's my specs:
GA-Z77X-UD5H
i5 3750k
HD 4000
OCZ 120gb Agility 3 SSD

I would send you a screen shot, but there's nothing to capture. Booting in verbose mode goes fine, it doesn't hang or lag anywhere - it seems to go really fast, actually. It gets past macxswapon, spits out a few more lines and then seems like it's about to jump to the password screen. Then the whole thing goes dark. Curiously, it seems like the system is running behind this black screen - I just can't see what it's doing. I need to hold the power button for about 5 seconds to turn the system off, which makes me think that the OS is running, but I have no way of inspecting that.

What should I do now? I've done my best to research this problem, but after a full day of searching the forms I still can't find something that will help. I'm starting to feel like that spinning beachball myself.

Thanks!
Alex

Did you manage to get yours booting cleanly? If so, was it just because of the PCIrootid? I'm still trying to figure out which part of my .plist was causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back