Contribute
Register

Black screen after 10.12.6 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey dude! I have the same problem. Could you solve it?! If yes, please share with me:)

Hey! Unfortunately I haven't solved it as I get no real answer from here and I don't have much experience with hackintosh. Also I really have no time to try to troubleshoot the issue. I plug my linux box on the screens and stop using my hackintosh until I get some help. What have you tried so far ?

No good.. I couldnt solve it also.. I tried to delete IntelBacklight kext via Single User mode but nothing changed. But do you stuck at the booting system logo or is it just turned down fully the brightness..?

After the boot (I use verbose mode so after the log lines), the screen turns black (but it is on, the backlight works) instead of displaying the account screen.

Ooh yap, I have exactly the same problem. The system is booting Up, I am at the login screen, but the display birghtness level under zero.. When I could fix it, I will let you know:)

I could fix it.. But it was tricky. The most important. Did you install the Brightness app..? If yes, I could help yoi

Someone has an idea ?

Someone has an idea ?
Hey dude. So are you sure that your system is bootup perfectly and only the britghness went under zero? If yes, try to hitting fn+up, multiple times. Or try something like that with fn+ something. And it will give maybe some light, after it hardly you can see the screen, and with the perfect light you can see barely the screen and you can download a 3rd party app, called Brightness. Install it, and with it you can maximize the brightness of you display..

Or looking for in google this keywords: hackintosh brightness level under zero or sg like that and your type of videocard. You will find a lot of way for trying, through to use different boot args at clover bootloader

No I never t
Hey dude. So are you sure that your system is bootup perfectly and only the britghness went under zero? If yes, try to hitting fn+up, multiple times. Or try something like that with fn+ something. And it will give maybe some light, after it hardly you can see the screen, and with the perfect light you can see barely the screen and you can download a 3rd party app, called Brightness. Install it, and with it you can maximize the brightness of you display..

No I never mention any brightness level issue.
The screen goes black instead of showing account session managment screen.

I am 100% sure that it's not related to brightness because if I wait long enough and then move the mouse the cursor appear. I can move it but that's all, there's still nothing else on the screen. Everything is black.

I think that I will perform a new installation this week-end as I have no solution and no one seems to be facing this issue or know something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back