Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
could anybody please explain me how do I connect audio cable from my Bitfenix Prodigy case to motherboard? The HD Audio cable from the case doesnt fit those connectors on motherboard right behind audio jacks on back panel (case cable has 9 pins and mobo 11 pins).
Thank you

@bittermelon or anyone that could answer.. so bittermelon said he was using a y splitter to use both system fans that come default with the bitfenix prodigy, because there is only one system fan header on the z77n board. does anyone know if this board can actually handle that tho?? I believe its possible that the header wont last very long this way
Why wouldn't it last very long? I doubt that it would break if left powering two fans? Besides, if it's low RPM fans, they are not likely to draw much power anyway. Even better if they are volted down.

I want to do the 10.8.3 combo update, but I cant remember what options I had selected in multi beast ;-( Is there a way to see which drivers I have installed so that I can reselect them after the update?

hi melon,
one piece of info:
in your "chip" build, before installing the ati card, the hd 4000 (3750k) was fully working with Qe/ci on hdmi? OOB?
thank you!
Cochise

I have a question about your LG display: when connected through HDMI, do you have 1" black borders at the Apple bootscreen? I want to buy the LG IPS277L-BN, but not if I get black borders again... So, thanks in advance for your answer!

Hello BitterMellon,

Awesome build! Do both HDMI ports on the GA-Z77N-WIFI work for dual displays if I didn't want a graphics card? I tried to read through most of the thread but didn't see anything right away. Thanks in advance!

hi melon,
one piece of info:
in your "chip" build, before installing the ati card, the hd 4000 (3750k) was fully working with Qe/ci on hdmi? OOB?
thank you!
Cochise
Yes.

I have a question about your LG display: when connected through HDMI, do you have 1" black borders at the Apple bootscreen? I want to buy the LG IPS277L-BN, but not if I get black borders again... So, thanks in advance for your answer!
Yes I do sadly. It's possible to use overscan to compensate, but then nothing in OS X is actually sharp, so it's a bad idea. I believe it's because it reports as a TV for some reason.

Hello BitterMellon,

Awesome build! Do both HDMI ports on the GA-Z77N-WIFI work for dual displays if I didn't want a graphics card? I tried to read through most of the thread but didn't see anything right away. Thanks in advance!
I haven't tried it, but yes, I assume it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back