Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
I edited the plist file by booting to a mac mini and attaching the hard drive via usb and editing the file.

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't realize I could just change the greaphics directly at the boot options. I've tried the so called optimal resolution for my monitor, but will try a few others to see if I can find one that works.

I would try different color depths too (change x32 to x24 or x16) in addition to the resolution if you haven't already.

Success at last. Where I went wrong was in my choice of monitor. I had an old Dell LCD with no digital inputs. I tried a fresh install with my newer Samsung led with both digital and analog inputs using dvi to dvi and it all worked fine. Then for fun I tried booting with the samsung's analog vga plugged into the dvi with an adapter and the garbled screen reappeared. Swapping out the monitor is a small inconvenience, but worth it for sure.

I have exact MB and CPU.

I hackintoshed my AMD machine before, on this AMD Machine and ML I'm trying to make a proper Unibeast USB stick

but after a just one second during "writing files to USB" I'm getting Install failed error.

How I can fix this and install ML on this Z77N Machine?

I just want to see if anyone with a 650ti has done the combo update yet - any issues with video or audio drivers?

I've done the other updates using the combo method and then re-running MB. I'm just not sure if this update with the video drivers will cause any issues.

Thanks!

Just a bump on my last post - Can anyone confirm the update to 10.8.3 went smooth with a 650ti? I understand that this update replaces the video driver - any one have an issue?

Thanks!

Just a bump on my last post - Can anyone confirm the update to 10.8.3 went smooth with a 650ti? I understand that this update replaces the video driver - any one have an issue?

Thanks!

I have installed an GTX 680 and it runs smooth. But i installed 10.8.3, no update.

DMRider_10,
Very cool case!!!
Could you put in the links as to where you got the case, picopsu and cpu cooler?
What size picopsu did you use???

Cheers, roadtrips

What system definition are you using?

With Macbook 12,2 I would get 16 and 42.

Using Macpro 3,1 I can get 16,17,18,19,20 and 42.

Not sure exactly how to get the other states.

Could you please explain in detail how you have your speed step working so well?
With either Macpro 3,1 or Macbook 12,2 I only get 16 and 42.
Thanks,
Cheers,

Anybody has any comments on 10.8.4 update?

edit
Not an issue with upgrade. After reboot had to only redo the audio with MB & re-enable trim

Hi! Something isn't clear to me: the GA-Z77N-WIFI motherboard has only 1 PCI-Express slot. However, this build supposedly uses 2 PCI-E devices, namely the Radeon 6870 and the Dell WiFi adapter card. Have I missed something? How does this work?

I tried to figure this out from reading the thread and looking at the pictures (nice!), but I am still stumped. Thanks for the detailed build information and support!

Hi! Something isn't clear to me: the GA-Z77N-WIFI motherboard has only 1 PCI-Express slot. However, this build supposedly uses 2 PCI-E devices, namely the Radeon 6870 and the Dell WiFi adapter card. Have I missed something? How does this work?

I tried to figure this out from reading the thread and looking at the pictures (nice!), but I am still stumped. Thanks for the detailed build information and support!

Its s mPCIE WiFI card (half-height) that attached to a mPCIE port on the board, rather than a PCIE slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back