Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also am wondering, how wide is the graphics card you recommend? The Hyper TX3 is pretty close to the PCI express lane, so a measurement would help...
How wide? The back is just the bare PCB, so no backplate. Including soldering points, it won't extend further than the outer slot wall at least. I wouldn't use a CPU-centered heatsink wider than, say, 96 mm (100 mm looks to be absolute max). But yours is 92 mm, so it should be ok. To be on the safe side, it might be a good idea to put something non-conductive between them, since the graphics card might flex if you're fiddling around.

Bitter, I am running the same motherboard with a i7 3770k and have no issues at all except I have to use PleaseSleep. I haven't tried any other resolution other than the default for my monitor 1680x1050, but I built a H77WIFI/3770 rig and had HUGE problems with the display garbling like the refresh rate issue you were talking about. I plugged it HDMI into my TV/Monitor that supports 1080p, did the force 1080p resolution in Multibeast, but the thing was garbled. Never got that working so I reinstalled it from scratch and gave it to my friend default because he doesn't use 1080p. But I couldn't change to any resolution. Anything other than default would garble the screen.

Your original link here doesn't seem to go anywhere:
Graphics
I have a strange problem when using the HD4000 chip for my display (HDMI). When I boot into OS X, the graphics are completely broken, looks like when you set a too high scanning frequency back in the old days. Restarting the screen (!!) resets it to normal. I'm not sure if it's the board, OS X och just the screen that breaks it. It's not a problem since I'm using the Radeon 8670 instead.
Update: Buckeyes1995 provides a solution further down.

I saw this system spec and decided it would be my first hackintosh. I built it system with an i7-3770k but with an Nvidia GTX 650 (one of the recommended cards on the buy page). I followed BitterMelon's instructions exactly, including to not install the video card until after I got it working with the onboard video. Everything seems to work and boot up okay with onboard, but when I plug the 650 in and reboot with my monitor attached to the 650's upper DVI port, it shows the apple logo then switches to a gray screen. At that point nothing happens, and I have to do a hard shutdown. The onboard video auto disables and there's no signal there. I did try to do the unibeast with the 650 installed, but I couldn't get video to the display.

There appear to be several threads with multiple possible solutions to getting cards working, but I thought I'd ask here since someone may have used a similar card on this mb and figured this out before I go down the wrong road.

Suggestions?

I saw this system spec and decided it would be my first hackintosh. I built it system with an i7-3770k but with an Nvidia GTX 650 (one of the recommended cards on the buy page). I followed BitterMelon's instructions exactly, including to not install the video card until after I got it working with the onboard video. Everything seems to work and boot up okay with onboard, but when I plug the 650 in and reboot with my monitor attached to the 650's upper DVI port, it shows the apple logo then switches to a gray screen. At that point nothing happens, and I have to do a hard shutdown. The onboard video auto disables and there's no signal there. I did try to do the unibeast with the 650 installed, but I couldn't get video to the display.

There appear to be several threads with multiple possible solutions to getting cards working, but I thought I'd ask here since someone may have used a similar card on this mb and figured this out before I go down the wrong road.

Suggestions?

You need GraphicsEnabler=No

Type it on chimera to be able to boot and after choose it on multibeast to don't need to type all the times u boot your machine:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...epler-cards-work-graphicsenabler-no-ge-no.png

You need GraphicsEnabler=No

Thanks, jmpa. That did the trick. I thought I had put that in earlier, but I guess not. Booting up and running smooth, now!

cheers

Hi, BIOS F10

Was this issue with this board ever sorted?

So graphics could be passed to guest in ie Parallels...

sebus

PS
No matter now, as my i3-325 does not support VT-d anyway...

That's why you need the Belkin F8T016 (or another compatible dongle).

Do you have any issues with it?

I have the GBU521 which work good too. Wake from sleep, auto sleep works great! Plus I dont have to wait for reconnection either after sleep. But I do get some laggy mouse problem when I connect it to a back usb port. (It seams to be laggy when there are wifi interference.) I have also noticed with my dongle that when you are about 5 to 8 foot away from it that my magic mouse starts to loose connection or beeing laggy. (With my setup of course)

How does yours behave on your system?

Thank you!

Do you have any issues with it?

I have the GBU521 which work good too. Wake from sleep, auto sleep works great! Plus I dont have to wait for reconnection either after sleep. But I do get some laggy mouse problem when I connect it to a back usb port. (It seams to be laggy when there are wifi interference.) I have also noticed with my dongle that when you are about 5 to 8 foot away from it that my magic mouse starts to loose connection or beeing laggy. (With my setup of course)

How does yours behave on your system?

Thank you!
Yes, some issues, but nothing troublesome. Sometimes (say, 1 in 10) the dongle doesn't initialize properly on boot and won't work. Unplugging and replugging makes it work again. Other than that I haven't seen any issues. That said, I don't use sleep, and I haven't used it with the mouse, only the keyboard. My dongle is connected on the side panel (next to the RF receiver for the mouse).

Anyone else noticed USB2 mass storage devices now work in the USB3 ports? Well they do for me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back