Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eventually decided to upgrade to Maverics 10.9.2

Created Unibeast stick, boots fine, install went OK, but on reboot (booting from internal drive to which Maverics was installed, boot starts & runs & then sudden reboots - no panic, just straight reboot)

So I boot from USB stick & chose internal drive. Boot goes OK (without any crash this time - so whats the issue here?), but at the logon screen I login & login screen loops back to login screen again (few posts about it around, mainly for older OS, always mentions nVidia drivers issue - but I use Intel HD 4000)

So after all very unsuccessful upgrade & needed to restore 10.8.4 image (and then upgrade to 10.8.5)
I am sure clean install would work, but I could not be bothered to reconfigure my system

sebus

Just upgraded my rig based on this build to 10.9.4 and it won't boot. Just a blinking cursor in the top left of the screen.

Sorry to hear that. I had only one issue updating from Mountain Lion to Mavericks: my Aperture license died, and I had to buy a new copy. Also had to run MultiBeast again to get back audio and networking.

After that, updating to 10.9.4 from the App Store was no problem: did MultiBeast again, as usual, to get audio and networking up.

I can't even get it to boot from a Unibeast stick.

Feeling a bit sick right now.

OK so I can boot from a Linux Mint 17 Live CD. But I can't boot from a Unibeast stick. How can that be?

I've made the Unibeast stick twice now...once with Legacy USB support unchecked and once with it checked. No go.

Hey Everyone :)

I am thinking of doing this build but I have one simple question I have six screens that I need to run for my office work!
I need to run 2 screens hdmi dvi from the on board hd4000 and 4 from my gtx 760 card will this work with this build.

I have am going to get GA-Z77n-wifi board

I have already 3570k and GTX 760

Please let me know Thanks!

I have been meddling with this for over 24 hours, have been changing bios settings and different flags but to no avail.

1.Wifi card has been removed as it is not supported by OS X
2.ALL USB devices plugged into 2.0 USB Port in the back.
3.Monitor plugged into DVI of Motherboard
4.Motherboard using F2 version of Bios (Everyone is using this)

Using the following flags result in this error
"[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- Completed
*** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"

-v, -x -v, -v PCIRootUID=0/1 /+ GraphicsEnabler=yes, -v -x PCIRootUID=0/1 /+ GraphicsEnabler=yes

If anyone has the same build as me, please help me. I have tried the OSX86 uniBeast Guide and http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...pardos-gigabyte-ga-z77n-wifi-build-db-33.html guide.

If you have any idea what the settings should be after loading optimized defaults and what boot flags should be used, do let me know. I will not hesitate to try.

Please help me, thanks

Mac Pro 3,1

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/OemSMBIOS.kext

I am unable to execute the above instructions, no such file or directory. Restarting causes KP. Please advice..

Thank you

Updated successfully to 10.9.4. Audio (back) also working fine, just front-panels not recognized at the moment.

@bitterlemon: Did you ever try wired network? I can see both adapters in MacOS, but when connecting to my network, it just shows "cable unplugged" in MacOS. Other network devices work fine, so cable and DHCP are ok. Any idea?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back