Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, this is my second time building a hackintosh, but my first time with this configuration -

My hardware is:
Intel i7-6500k
Gigabyte H170M-DS3H mATX
Crucial 16gb DDR4 2400
Asus GTX970 4GB OC
240gb OCZ SSD

I have used Unibeast to install El Capitan/Clover onto a 16gb Sandisk USB and attempted to install El Capitan onto the OCZ SSD but I cannot seem to get to the actual installer. I stripped everything from the system except the SSD, Mobo, CPU and RAM (as I have heard the video card can give issues) but I can never get into the installer. I was hoping someone here could offer me some advice. Thanks in advance!

Attached is what came up when I booted -v

That is the last line... it just freezes on an incomplete statement. Not sure how to proceed.

Attachments

• IMG_6216.JPG
    IMG_6216.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 207
Hi, this is my second time building a hackintosh, but my first time with this configuration -

My hardware is:
Intel i7-6500k
Gigabyte H170M-DS3H mATX
Crucial 16gb DDR4 2400
Asus GTX970 4GB OC
240gb OCZ SSD

I have used Unibeast to install El Capitan/Clover onto a 16gb Sandisk USB and attempted to install El Capitan onto the OCZ SSD but I cannot seem to get to the actual installer. I stripped everything from the system except the SSD, Mobo, CPU and RAM (as I have heard the video card can give issues) but I can never get into the installer. I was hoping someone here could offer me some advice. Thanks in advance!

That is the last line... it just freezes on an incomplete statement. Not sure how to proceed.
Try booting from onboard video without card to get to installer. Did you set up unibeast as a laptop install by accident?

Last edited:
Try booting from onboard video without card to get to installer. Did you set up unibeast as a laptop install by accident?

I did remove the video card before attempting to install, and no I don't believe I did a laptop install, but I'll do the Unibeast installation process again to make sure.

My hardware is:
Intel i7-6500k
Gigabyte H170M-DS3H mATX
Crucial 16gb DDR4 2400
Asus GTX970 4GB OC
240gb OCZ SSD

Your machine failed in Verbose at this line AMFI.....
Are you sure you have set in Bios Other OS and secure boot disabled?

AppleMobileFileIntegrity

AppleMobileFileIntegrity(.kext), which can go by its full name com.apple.driver.AppleMobileFileIntegrity, is an iOS kernel extension which serves as the corner stone of iOS's code entitlements model. It is one of the Sandbox's (com.apple.security.sandbox) dependencies, along with com.apple.kext.AppleMatch (which, like on OS X, is responsible for parsing the Sandbox language rules).

Affectionately known as AMFI, this kext can be found in the iOS 5.0 iPod 4,1 kernel around 0x805E499C (start) and 0x805E3EE8 (Initialization function). The latter function registers a MAC policy (using the kernel exported mac_policy_register), which is used to hook various system operations and enforce Apple's tight security policy.

This kext recognizes the task_for_pid-allow entitlement (among others) and is responsible for hooking this Mach call, which retrieves the Mach task port associated with a BSD process identifier. Given this port, one can usurp control of the task/PID, reading and writing its memory, debugging, etc. It is therefore enabled only if the binary is digitally signed with a proper entitlement file, specifying task_for_pid-allow.

The amfi kext recognizes quite a few boot-args, including:

• PE_i_can_has_debugger (see also patch)
  • amfi_unrestrict_task_for_pid - Allowing the above to proceed even without entitlement
  • amfi_allow_any_signature - Allowing any digital signature on code, not just Apple's
  • amfi_get_out_of_my_way - disable amfi
  • cs_enforcement_disable - Disable code signing enforcement
  • cs_debug - Debug code signing

Can anyone help me with my problem? Without Verbose Mode, it hangs up ~2/3 the way through. In Verbose Mode, it looks like http://imgur.com/a/6Mq7U .
Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 4690
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H
RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
GPU: XFX Radeon R9 390x
PSU: Corsair RM 650x

Audio not working after install (for most ALC### devices)
  • Probably a good idea to back up /S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext, just in case
  • Use the audio_CloverALC-110 script: You need to mount your EFI partition first, with EFI Mounter v3, or a terminal command like (use "diskutil list" if needed to identify the EFI partition).
  • If it still doesn't work, particularly for an ALC1150 on a 97 board, try the audio_RealtekALC-110 script.

please forgive my ignorance, but what? Just says "use script." I downloaded the script and mounted EFI partition but what am I supposed to do with it now? Replace my config.plist with config-audio_cloverALC-110.plist? Am I the only one who doesn't find "use" to be clear enough instructions?

Hello,

I am relatively new to this, but got my first build working (Yosemite/Chimera) in early 2015 and it has been stable since.

Attempting upgrade to El Cap/Clover.

System Info:

Mobo:ASUS Sabertooth X79

CPU:Core Xeon-E5-2680 v2

Graphics:EVGA GeForce GTX 760

Other Hardware:2 x Corsair Ballistix Sport XT 32GB (8x4) (64GB total)
Corsair H60 (Water)
Corsair AX 760 Watt
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter​

I am at this point simply trying to boot my existing Yosemite install via Clover USB as described in "How to Create a Test USB for Clover using UniBeast"

I have set the recommended BIOS settings.

I am using a USB2 stick and port.

I am using boot flag "nv_disable=1" per advice for my graphics card.

Picture of boot in verbose mode - hangs very early.

176426-bcb56edf6f58d5fcf950e60ff41ab63f.jpg

Any help appreciated, thank you!

Update:

Sorry, had not found "Hang on [ PCI configuration begin ]" when I posted.

Solved now via adding npci=0x2000 to boot flags.

After that I got "prohibited " sign and garbled text on boot. Tried different USB2 ports and eventually one on my PCI card worked and I completed a successful install of the OS.

Working on Audio now.

Attachments

• IMG_0059_c.jpg
    IMG_0059_c.jpg
    799.2 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
What does it mean when it says that the power management may be incomplete or unsupported? I replaced the AMD R9 390x with a nVIDIA GT 740 and it seems to be a recurring message.

Hi everyone. Is there anyone who can help me. My Hacki was working fine but it crashed and I have this in - v mode now:

MlKK1Pz.jpg

I get the following error when booting in verbose:
OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no

I tried replacing the "Vbox.." kext as suggestes in the main post. Also, I tried using OsxAptioFixDrv. When using that the reloc block changes to yes. Also I tried without any of them, then the only output being a line of pluses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back