Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends
I have a frequent problem in booting the Hackntosh and showing me the white circle and this is my motherboard
MSI Z170A GAMING M3

Https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z170A-GAMING-M3

And my operating system is Sierra

Please help and thank you:)

I recently updated and I've been struggling .. this was updated yesterday .. or is it something else I cant identify the issue here .

556c26df-65d9-4e1c-9903-40d08ebbfe9f.jpg

This is my system:

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7-TH
Core i7-4790K
EVGA GT 740 SC

when I try to do an install I am met with either a "No Entry Sign" or It freezes on the apple screen. Most of the time it freezes on the apple.

I did a verbose boot and it looked like this:

Attachments

• IMG_2969.JPG
    IMG_2969.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Your verbose screen is upside down if want help you need to make it easy on the helper(s) to read it and diagnose it.
see attached file (the no entry sign is a failure of a component to load i.e. a component that cannot be recognized upon boot up)

Attachments

• VERBOSE SCREEN CARLOS.pdf
    136 KB · Views: 269
Your verbose screen is upside down if want help you need to make it easy on the helper(s) to read it and diagnose it.
see attached file (the no entry sign is a failure of a component to load i.e. a component that cannot be recognized upon boot up)
Thanks for the help, I'm not sure why the thumbnail showed up upside down, but the actual file is rightside up. At least it is when I loaded it and when I click on it in the post.

A lot of people seem to run into the same problems, so here are some things that have worked for others... See if your problem is on here.

1) Thanks so much for this comprehensive thread; I'm sure I'll be back.

2) For this section

If it's a panic in a AppleUSBUHCIPCI.kext or AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext:
The first permalink no longer works and goes to the beginning of a massive thread.
The solution is a config image at the top of page 2 of that thread, posted by "nothingmore"

(GA-Z170x-UD5 TH / i7-6700k / EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 HYBRID)

I got a fun one -- I was stuck on a boot loop when trying to boot from the osx drive so i reinstalled everything following https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...pitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/

I used the following under clover options to successfully boot the installer: dart=0 -v -x nv_disable=1 cpus=1 ; fix usb[+] and fix intelgfx[+] ; usb ownership[+] and usb injection[+].

I used the above as well to boot to the now-existing osx drive. "Verbose upon boot 1.jpg" is what comes up before it loads into the welcome menu. I select a location, keyboard, and indicate that it will connect to a local network (ethernet). I do not have a wifi card so that radio button is greyed out.

I have tried "Manually" under the TCP/IP connection type dropdown menu and got some sort of error that flashes and then it reboots; I have tried "Using DHCP with a manual address" with the same result; this instance I chose "Using DHCP" and clicked continue. "Post Web Ops.jpg" is what is shown after I click continue from the web setup screen.

I am also not sure why my images are uploading sideways. They are oriented properly on my desktop.

Attachments

• verbose upon boot 1.jpg
    verbose upon boot 1.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 185
  • Post Web Ops.jpg
    Post Web Ops.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 224
Last edited:
(GA-Z170x-UD5 TH / i7-6700k / EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 HYBRID)

I got a fun one -- I was stuck on a boot loop when trying to boot from the osx drive so i reinstalled everything following https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...pitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/

I used the following under clover options to successfully boot the installer: dart=0 -v -x nv_disable=1 cpus=1 ; fix usb[+] and fix intelgfx[+] ; usb ownership[+] and usb injection[+].

I used the above as well to boot to the now-existing osx drive. "Verbose upon boot 1.jpg" is what comes up before it loads into the welcome menu. I select a location, keyboard, and indicate that it will connect to a local network (ethernet). I do not have a wifi card so that radio button is greyed out.

I have tried "Manually" under the TCP/IP connection type dropdown menu and got some sort of error that flashes and then it reboots; I have tried "Using DHCP with a manual address" with the same result; this instance I chose "Using DHCP" and clicked continue. "Post Web Ops.jpg" is what is shown after I click continue from the web setup screen.

I am also not sure why my images are uploading sideways. They are oriented properly on my desktop.

UPDATE: I did try declining setting up internet and it moves forward with setup completion; however, then I have no internet access and multibeast fails.
**NOTE** Log is found under ~/library/logs which was visible from console side panel prior to doing the following;
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-show-hidden-files-in-finder.104464/

Again pictures uploading sideways.

Went to system preferences/network and added a location and attempted to manually enter in required info. The radio buttons under the Network Setup Assistant are greyed out and "I use a telephone modem to dial my ISP" is selected (unchangeable due to the greyed out radio buttons)
When clicking "assist me" and clicking "Diagnostics" Ethernet is selected but greyed out, and wifi is also greyed out.

Attachments

• 20170913_204747.jpg
    20170913_204747.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 185
  • Multibeast Log.jpg
    Multibeast Log.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 194
  • Network Assistant Menu.jpg
    Network Assistant Menu.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 170
UPDATE: I did try declining setting up internet and it moves forward with setup completion; however, then I have no internet access and multibeast fails.
**NOTE** Log is found under ~/library/logs which was visible from console side panel prior to doing the following;
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-show-hidden-files-in-finder.104464/

Again pictures uploading sideways.

Went to system preferences/network and added a location and attempted to manually enter in required info. The radio buttons under the Network Setup Assistant are greyed out and "I use a telephone modem to dial my ISP" is selected (unchangeable due to the greyed out radio buttons)
When clicking "assist me" and clicking "Diagnostics" Ethernet is selected but greyed out, and wifi is also greyed out.

Wondered if booting in safe mode had anything to do with it. Took "-x" from boot args mentioned in first post and resulted in panic and reboot. (See "Verbose No Safe Mode.JPG")

Confirmed version of multibeast that is failing for me as 8.2.3. Tried to download a new copy of the file from https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/categories/tonymacx86-downloads.3/ but ended up having compatibility issues attempting to procure the file on a windows computer and placing it on a USB drive. I formatted the USB drive as a FAT using disk utility, but then it would not show up under devices in finder. Was able to place the file onto the drive in windows but osx would not 'see' it. I'm probably overlooking something rather simple.

The USB drive had El Capitan Post Install tools on it from last time I attempted; Clover Bootloader in it fails as well.

Attachments

• Verbose No Safe Mode.jpg
    Verbose No Safe Mode.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 214
Wondered if booting in safe mode had anything to do with it.
Looks like you may have an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your Bios settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back