Contribute
Register

Best graphics card for Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I found this discount on a modular Corsair 850 rmx

This will make it, everything just fine? :thumbup:
That is a good PSU to choose. The wattage is a little higher than ideal. The 650W version would be just right. Even a 550W would provide plenty of clean power for your system.

That is a good PSU to choose. The wattage is a little higher than ideal. The 650W version would be just right. Even a 550W would provide plenty of clean power for your system.

As some light research I did it was better to have more wattage for gaming and editing, isn't it?

So, there isn't a problem on having like a 1000W PSU on a Core2Duo with a Nvidia 210 (for example), is it?

As some light research I did it was better to have more wattage for gaming and editing, isn't it?

So, there isn't a problem on having like a 1000W PSU on a Core2Duo with a Nvidia 210 (for example), is it?
It's not a problem, it's that it's wasteful of money and that a lower wattage PSU will run more efficiently at typical usage of the computer. So a 1000W PSU on a core 2 duo system doesn't make any sense. You want the best balance of price, performance and efficiency. Try using an online PSU wattage calculator and put all your components into it and see what number you get.

It's not a problem, it's that it's wasteful of money and that a lower wattage PSU will run more efficiently at typical usage of the computer. So a 1000W PSU on a core 2 duo system doesn't make any sense. You want the best balance of price, performance and efficiency. Try using an online PSU wattage calculator and put all your components into it and see what number you get.

I see, maybe getting one of high W can be more affordable with the pass of time..

See, this is the calculator result

It says that the recommended PSU Wattage is 324 but also it recommends buying a 650 wattages one.

Why is this?

See, this is the calculator result:

It says that the recommended PSU Wattage is 324 but also it recommends buying a 650 wattages one.
Why is this?
It's mostly to add a safety margin and account for future upgrades of the graphics card. As I stated before you would be just fine with a 500-550W Gold rated PSU for your current build choices. If you can get the 650W at a good price go for that.

@Adrian B @Fl0r!an Do you think NVIDIA 10 Series will be supported at any moment under OS X? Also think Intel HD graphics 630 will be supported?

I have a plan B in case NVIDIA 1060 has possibilities to get support (only if it seems possible). I am planing to use the integrated graphics untill the 1060 works under macs. What do you think about this?​
Not yet supported on Mar 7, 2018.
I started build my first Hackintosh three days ago, and bought a 1060 before I realize there is no drive for OS X.

Not yet supported on Mar 7, 2018.
I started build my first Hackintosh three days ago, and bought a 1060 before I realize there is no drive for OS X.
Hi,

Actually the GTX 1060 is working pretty good in Hackintosh. I have it on my Sierra build and get full graphics acceleration. Just install the Nvidia Web Drivers. If you have Gigabyte motherboard then you will need the emulated NVRAM

The GTX 1060 work in Sierra - they feature in the Buyers guides every month. Nvidia provide driver support.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/

You haven't listed your hardware in your profile, so giving advice will be difficult. Check out the graphics section for more information, you may have errors in your installation that are causing you problems or you migh be using an unsupported VGA (15 pin d-sub) connection to your monitor:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/graphics.13/

Hi,

Actually the GTX 1060 is working pretty good in Hackintosh. I have it on my Sierra build and get full graphics acceleration. Just install the Nvidia Web Drivers. If you have Gigabyte motherboard then you will need the emulated NVRAM

Thanks for your info. I found the driver use the link provided by Adrian B.

Actually I have encountered few more issues when installing the High Sierra on my custoPC.
I will start a new thread at the High Sierra installation section.

@Chuck23 @Adrian B Thank you guys.

hello everybody
If I5 9600K with motherboard Gigabyte Z390 UD and external card graphic NVIDIA GTX 1050 TI supported for OX catalina Please HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back