Contribute
Register

Before i buy, will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RAM is not compatible with the rest of the parts. It is Triple Channel, while the MB is Dual Channel (Google the facts). Where did you find the deal?

EDIT: Actually, as long as you do not put in the third RAM stick, it will work just fine.

EDIT2: And wow, is that RAM ever so incredible.

EDIT3: SL will run fine, for a PSU: 500 W is fine.

Tom

the guy said its compatible, the deal is from a random guy, and dude, is a 9500 gt compatible with mac os?

what if i buy another ram stick? will i be able to put all? and do i need to buy the same ram?

Yes, if you buy another stick it will be compatible, but it needs to have the exact same specifications. If you put in a different spec ram, it could break your system.

Paul said:
does it have to be the same company? and do you think its good? i7 860 and the ram and maximus III formula gene?

It is nicer to have it the same company, not needed (IMHO), Processor and RAM are fine. SL compatibilty is fine. I think the 9500 had some issues, not sure....

Tom

Yes, the computer build is really good right now, and it's recommended that the RAM is from the same company, which makes it easier to get the exact same specifications.

Edit: By the way, it's going to be hard to find a good deal on 1 stick of DDR3 RAM at 2000 MHz... Maybe just stick with 4 GB for now.

I am not sure. Probably, definitely with 2 sticks

Tom

P.S. The 9500 gt is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back