Contribute
Register

Before i buy, will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry... those will take up so little power it won't matter.
And sorry, I didn't see your edit.. or was that already there.

Edit: In the PSU calculator it says the keyboard and mouse are already accounted for, and the LAN is on the motherboard, so it counts as the motherboard's power.

Attachments

• bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 85
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 83
Actually, I'm testing a new build next saturday. It uses an i7 1366 X58 motherboard, not P55, but if you want the build I have windows 7 on, here it is:

i7-860
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 GB
P55A-UD3 Gigabyte
500 GB HDD western digital
Corsair TX650 PSU

Anyways, I'm going out for lunch, so I'll talk to you again in about 30 minutes.

Lnx2Mac said:
PS: Tony, all [newegg] links are broken...

Unfortunately, the trick doesn't work with newegg.ca- just changed to newegg.com- and they all work. :D

jimx86 said:
Actually, I'm testing a new build next saturday. It uses an i7 1366 X58 motherboard, not P55, but if you want the build I have windows 7 on, here it is:

i7-860
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 GB
P55A-UD3 Gigabyte
500 GB HDD western digital
Corsair TX650 PSU

Anyways, I'm going out for lunch, so I'll talk to you again in about 30 minutes.

I am interested in seeing the LGA 1366 setup, if you could post it.

Tom

jimx86 said:
Lnx2Mac said:
Note that this is all automatically done by the BIOS when you select the XMP RAM profile...
As for the overclock, it's a tiny bump from 2660MHz to 2720MHz...

I heard that with the i5 series, the Gigabyte boards don't automatically bump the RAM to 1600.

True. It defaults at SPD... Even with my i7-860.

However, once you select XMP, it does all automagically.

The 2720MHz I posted above was taken from my wife's rig (P55M-UD4 + i5-750 + Eco's1600@CL7)...

Paul said:
alright thanks, and how much does that cost?

Hey, I'm back. The setup cost about $900. I did find a good deal on the CPU at Micro Center, though (it was $200).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back