Contribute
Register

BCM943602CS - Bluetooth not finding any devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one of these and think @RehabMan is correct. It's more than likely an antenna problem.

Of the three aerial inputs on the card none are marked for what they are - at least as far as I can see.

I found that the supplied aerials were pretty much useless, generic types, so I bought a Gigabyte external, magnetic aerial that has two feeds (it's supplied by them with their own Intel chipped card). With this on my desktop I then swapped the cables between the antenna sockets to get the best signal. My case is metal and below the height of the home router. In the end the 2.4ghz radio and BlueTooth needed the extensions. (For the third socket I found a spare, extra-large aerial in my parts box and used that.)

If it helps anyone, here are the aerial pin-outs for the BCM943602CS card:

View attachment 249106

:)

Hi UtterDisbelief, u mean this is antenna issue? Actually I am facing same issue. I use bcm943602cs and both bluetooth and wifi works perfect with airdrop handoff and continuity, but the problem is bluetooth does not find devices. so is it antenna and the antenna cables?

Hi UtterDisbelief, u mean this is antenna issue? Actually I am facing same issue. I use bcm943602cs and both bluetooth and wifi works perfect with airdrop handoff and continuity, but the problem is bluetooth does not find devices. so is it antenna and the antenna cables?

Hi there.

When you say that Bluetooth works perfectly for handoff and continuity then it seems as though your aerial is fine. BT range can be hindered by metal objects in the way of the signal and that was certainly what I found - I have a metal computer desk too.

Open the System Preferences Bluetooth panel and watch to see if it picks-up on your device. If it does but it still can't connect, there may be some other problem.

Hi there.

When you say that Bluetooth works perfectly for handoff and continuity then it seems as though your aerial is fine. BT range can be hindered by metal objects in the way of the signal and that was certainly what I found - I have a metal computer desk too.

Open the System Preferences Bluetooth panel and watch to see if it picks-up on your device. If it does but it still can't connect, there may be some other problem.

hi thanks for suggestion but there are no metal objects around. however
1) rear of machine is too close to the wall.
2) pc sits below wooden desk.
3) range works good only with iPhone
4) for other bluetooth music devices the range is as low as 15cm . I have to hold them closer than 15 cm (direct with no interference) to get them detected

3) range works good only with iPhone
4) for other bluetooth music devices the range is as low as 15cm . I have to hold them closer than 15 cm (direct with no interference) to get them detected

Hi there. Yes, that is why I use the Gigabyte desktop aerial. It sits only 25cm from my bt mouse to keep a good connection.

can u provide link for the aerials? I will buy the same
Sure.

Take a look here - https://ebay.us/BGXZn4

Gigabyte2.jpg

They are often available in different Ebay countries etc.

If it helps anyone, here are the aerial pin-outs for the BCM943602CS card:

View attachment 249106

Hey!

I got this card two days ago. Wifi worked well oob, BT found no devices. I have my hac exactly like Shrindar describes and all I did was take off the wifi antennas (wifi worked fine anyways) and tested them on the BT antenna connector. After some fiddling it started working fine. Thanks to Utterdisbelief for the pic. I love the trackpad use even on desktops!

so yeah just wanna give a thanks to you guys!

Hey!

I got this card two days ago. Wifi worked well oob, BT found no devices. I have my hac exactly like Shrindar describes and all I did was take off the wifi antennas (wifi worked fine anyways) and tested them on the BT antenna connector. After some fiddling it started working fine. Thanks to Utterdisbelief for the pic. I love the trackpad use even on desktops!

so yeah just wanna give a thanks to you guys!
what exactly solved you issue?

what exactly solved you issue?

I took off all antennas and tried them one by one on the BT antenna header, made sure to tighten the antenna well and after a little fiddling (tightening the antenna back and forth, moving its angle in different positions) I got the BT to receive from my trackpad through the desk. Its been working quite well over the weekend, only 1 or 2 times when the trackpad temporaily lags for a second or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back