Contribute
Register

B760 chipset (Raptor Lake) compatibility

Sure you can. I used MSI B760M Mortar Max WiFi to make my new Hackintosh. It was quite simple to make after all.
Good to know it works, thank you!

I recently upgraded to this motherboard (MSI B760M Mortar Max Wifi) with a i7-12700k.
I am getting stuck after this log message: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]
Any chance you could share your Bios settings and config.plist? Thanks in advance!

Hey! Can I use MSI B760m-A WiFi DDR5 motherboard. I am especially buying this mobo for hackinthosh build. Please give your reviews.
Last week i was build new hackintosh with spec:
  • Intel Core i5 13500
  • MSI B760 Tomahawk Wifi
  • 32GB DDR5 7000MHz (2 x 16GB)

It's working fine, but i want to build own SSDT, like SSDT-PLUGIN-ALT, and SSDT-EC-USBX because tutorial at dortania latest CPU is Intel 10th gen...

No problem here!

Last week i was build new hackintosh with spec:
  • Intel Core i5 13500
  • MSI B760 Tomahawk Wifi
  • 32GB DDR5 7000MHz (2 x 16GB)

It's working fine, but i want to build own SSDT, like SSDT-PLUGIN-ALT, and SSDT-EC-USBX because tutorial at dortania latest CPU is Intel 10th gen...
Start with MrMinimizer's thread linked from #5.

Sometimes my Hackintosh reboot without heavy load, like browsing and coding.
I used built in EFI in this URL.
And when i try run cinebench r23 it will reboot too (multicore), single core are fine

You have assumed the person who posted the EFI folder on GitHub knew what they were doing, that is not normally (as I found) the case. Any mistake or incompatibility in their EFI will be past on to your system. So unexpected crashes and kernel panics are to be expected if you haven’t made any alterations and checks to ensure the EFI is right for your system.

Using someone else’s EFI as a starting point is fine, but you need to review the options they selected as they may not be compatible with your system. There are simply too many variables for any single EFI to work with each and every system in any Intel Series.

Sure you can. I used MSI B760M Mortar Max WiFi to make my new Hackintosh. It was quite simple to make after all.
Can you provide EFI? I am a novice trying to buy the same motherboard. Thanks!!

Can you provide EFI? I am a novice trying to buy the same motherboard.
Being a novice means there are many important things to learn first.
If you simply copy an EFI that works, how will you learn these things ?

Anyone can copy/paste with no effort, hackintoshing is about learning
how to get your own hardware working with macOS. If you don't want
to learn anything new, buy an Apple M2 Mac and let them handle everything.

Back