Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys, I've been trying for days to get my first hackintosh working, but I declare myself unable to complete the process. The installation process for Mountain Lion 10.8.4 is complete. However, after a clean installation and without installing audio nor video drivers I can boot normally. If I only install audio (I have a Realtek ALC887) using the corresponding driver without DSDT from Multi Beast 5.3.1 computer stops booting and gets stuck at sound assertion [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360 unless I start in security mode. I've read a lot of threads, I've read this may be a graphics issue, but I can boot before installing the audio driver. I've also downloaded Optimized AppleHDA and HDAEnabler for ALC887 and tried all driver combinations I could come up with using Multi Beast and still nothing. I'm using the integrated audio and video from GA-B75M-HD3 motehrboard.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]I've also tried installing the audio driver right after the OS installation is complete and before rebooting, but nothing happened either.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]I've also tried booting with a variety of commands such as UseKernelCache=No, GraphicsEnabler=No, UseRootPCID=0,1, etc. But I'm willing to try any suggestions you may have since I might be doing something wrong. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can someone please guide me in the right direction?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please let me know if you need additional details.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks in advance.[/FONT]

Hello guys, I've been trying for days to get my first hackintosh working, but I declare myself unable to complete the process. The installation process for Mountain Lion 10.8.4 is complete. However, after a clean installation and without installing audio nor video drivers I can boot normally. If I only install audio (I have a Realtek ALC887) using the corresponding driver without DSDT from Multi Beast 5.3.1 computer stops booting and gets stuck at sound assertion [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360 unless I start in security mode. I've read a lot of threads, I've read this may be a graphics issue, but I can boot before installing the audio driver. I've also downloaded Optimized AppleHDA and HDAEnabler for ALC887 and tried all driver combinations I could come up with using Multi Beast and still nothing. I'm using the integrated audio and video from GA-B75M-HD3 motehrboard.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]I've also tried installing the audio driver right after the OS installation is complete and before rebooting, but nothing happened either.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]I've also tried booting with a variety of commands such as UseKernelCache=No, GraphicsEnabler=No, UseRootPCID=0,1, etc. But I'm willing to try any suggestions you may have since I might be doing something wrong. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can someone please guide me in the right direction?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please let me know if you need additional details.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks in advance.[/FONT]

The motherboard has no built in video - it is built into the CPU - which you have not listed. Please fill out your full hardware specs - list exact models NOT just i3, i5 or i7.

Select the audio from MultiBeast 5.0.2, it will work properly and give you a working 'Mute' function

Adrian B

Motherboard GA-B75M-HD3
CPU Intel Core i3 3220 (bx80637i33220)
8GB RAM DDR3
Video/Audio/Network integrated

Please let me know if you need any other detail.

In order to use MB 5.0.2 to install the audio drivers, should I use a clean installation? If not, is there any specific step(s) I need to follow?

Thanks for your answers.

Motherboard GA-B75M-HD3
CPU Intel Core i3 3220 (bx80637i33220)
8GB RAM DDR3
Video/Audio/Network integrated

Please let me know if you need any other detail.

In order to use MB 5.0.2 to install the audio drivers, should I use a clean installation? If not, is there any specific step(s) I need to follow?

Thanks for your answers.

Your CPU has HD2500 graphics which Apple do not support. You will have problems with this; lags on Mac OS animations, Launchpad, Mission control, YouTube videos, and so on definitely due to HD2500 and no QE/CI. There is a thread that might help you sort this out, but if you are keeping the i3 3220, then consider adding a supported graphics card to solve the problems :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ge-hd2500-full-resolution-qe-ci-10-8-3-a.html

In order to remove the incorrect kexts, you can delete them from your S/L/E folder - do a search, if this all seem like too much then do a fresh install and use the following MultiBeast settings to get up and running.

The first step is to set up the UEFI bios, use this guide : http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

This is the guide to create the install USB drive : http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Once you have reached the desktop and are ready to use Multi Beast, then these two images show the best settings. Use MultiBeast 5.3.1 for the main install and 5.0.2 for the audio. Click to enlarge images. Screen Shot 2013-07-06 at 10.53.38.jpgScreen Shot 2013-07-06 at 10.55.43.png

Adrian B

Once again thanks for your answer Adrian!

Video is working better, even though some times I cannot get to the login screen because some kind of GPU hung.

I went into S/L/E folder and deleted the following files: AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler1.kext. After that I used MB 5.0.2 to install the audio as you shown in the images you attached in your previous answer. Now I have AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler888b.kext. However, audio is still not working and I'm not able to see an HDAEnabler887.kext which is what I was expecting to see. The list of output devices is still empty.

I used verbose to see what's happening with the audio and I was able to see Sound assertion AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 350 two times. I'm not quite sure whether there are more errors or not, because the screen doesn't show more lines, although at the beginning I was also able to see Sound assertion AppleHDADriver at lines 1072 and 1047.

Please let me know what you need in order to help me out on how to proceed to get the audio working.

BTW, from the beginning of this process I created my usb installer using UniBeast 2.0.1 and ML 10.8.4 and I set up my UEFI bios to be compatible with OSX.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: I actually think I'm only able to boot in safe mode, but video looks ok. Although I know audio is not enabled in safe mode. When I try to boot normally I'm not able to see the login screen.

Hi,

i use GA-B75M-D2V, i try many way to enable Audio ALC887 for few days, but it is not work,
until see your post, Use MultiBeast 5.5.1 for the main install than 5.0.2 for the audio,

IT IS WORK!!

Thanks Adrian.

ps. Is it MultiBeast's bug?

In order to remove the incorrect kexts, you can delete them from your S/L/E folder - do a search, if this all seem like too much then do a fresh install and use the following MultiBeast settings to get up and running.

The first step is to set up the UEFI bios, use this guide : http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

This is the guide to create the install USB drive : http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Once you have reached the desktop and are ready to use Multi Beast, then these two images show the best settings. Use MultiBeast 5.3.1 for the main install and 5.0.2 for the audio. Click to enlarge images.View attachment 60848View attachment 60849

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back