Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DropOem/YES causes no graphics detection with 8 and 9 series motherboards
3rd request, set DropOem/NO

Amazing, thanks for the info, thats genuinely exciting to know. I will set DropOoem in Clover to No and try and re run your script, if that fails I shall report back with fresh files.

Thanks again champ.

edit: Those latest files were from a fresh instal, I had selected DropOoem/No previously but missed it on this new instal. Well, to be honest, didn't know about it.

Last edited:
toleda, you need to update your audio_cloverHDMI-110.command script. Add addition device NPE7

# get acpi pcie device name
numname1=7
gdgfxname1[1]=PEG0@1
gdgfxname1[2]=PEGP@1
gdgfxname1[3]=P0P1@1
gdgfxname1[4]=P0P2@1
gdgfxname1[5]=NPE3@3
gdgfxname1[6]=P0P2@3
#gdgfxname1[7]=BR3A@3
gdgfxname1[7]=NPE7@3

# get acpi graphics device name
numname2=4
gdgfxname2[1]=PEGP@0
gdgfxname2[2]=GFX0@0
gdgfxname2[3]="pci-display@0"
# gdgfxname2[4]=H000@0
gdgfxname2[4]="display@0"

and create new ssdt_hdmi-amd-default-NPE7.zip based on ssdt_hdmi-amd-default-NPE3.zip on https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_amd-nvidia/tree/master/ssdt_hdmi-amd. You know what to do :D

Deja vue; IOReg shows display as pci-bridge@1,
Where did you see PEG0@1?

Set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem/NO
Reply with new files

This fixed all my problems. Can't thank you enough, it's been s long bloody 3 months!

I set DropOoem to no, saved, restarted, ran the script and said yes to instal 4600 as I have that too, didn't work, ran it again and said no to 4600and it patched and installed perfectly. Rebooted perfect HDMI audio. Couldn't be happier. My dual boot HTPC hack is now perfect.

Thdnks again.

The Clover HDMI audio - beta is a really useful script, toleda. I wonder how come you didn't put the ssdt download option for only-HDMI from your git hub in it.
Furthermore, have you thought about the possibility of combining both script HDMI audio and CloverALC?
Anyway, manually putting your SSDT-HDMI-HD4600.aml in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/acpi/patched does perfectly the job.
Thanks

The Clover HDMI audio - beta is a really useful script, toleda. I wonder how come you didn't put the ssdt download option for only-HDMI from your git hub in it.
Furthermore, have you thought about the possibility of combining both script HDMI audio and CloverALC?
Anyway, manually putting your SSDT-HDMI-HD4600.aml in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/acpi/patched does perfectly the job.
See Post #1/Part A1 . . ./1. ssdt injection/4. Audio type/2. Haswell
Yes, perhaps, a future release
ssdt works when HDMI audio config.plist kext patches installed previously.

Just a quick note. Do others get slow deterioration (static drift) of their audio with iTunes? I use an audio interface (Audient ID22, which is hopefully working right) at 96k for playback vs the built-in Realtek 898. Changing the rate in Audio Midi Setup or a restart fixes it for a few songs.

I also installed and tested this new HDMI script (for a minute) and it works fine on a new curved Samsung monitor. Sweet deals Mr. Toleda, thank you.

I have an ASUS Z97M Plus with i5 4590 CPU. I followed this guide using Clover.

1. I set up AppleHDA using the 11.0 script
2. I made the frame buffer edits on config.plist (see attached)

Everything works but I am having problems with my system crashing. When the computer is left alone, whether in sleep mode or with sleep turned off, after a while when I wake it up/start using it -- it crashes. I can't get graphics and eventually it reboots.

I have a similar Asus set up and I do not have any issues like this. There I use a nvidia graphics card with no HDMI.

I've attached several files.

1. system.log.
2. DSDT.aml -- I patched the native DSDT I extracted from Linux using toleda's patch.
3. SSDT.aml -- generated using ssdtPRGen.sh
4. config.plist
5. IOREG

I think perhaps something might be happening with power management. This line in system.log:

Jan 31 13:50:33 localhost kernel[0]: IOGraphics flags 0x43
Jan 31 13:50:33 localhost kernel[0]: Previous shutdown cause: 5

I followed toleda's power management guide. Intel monitor works. LPC is in the IOREG. I see "XCPM Registered" etc in the log.

Other things: My power supply is Haswell rated. I recently replaced it. This has happened on TWO power supplies, so I'm confident it's not that. I have also had this same problem on two different motherboards. So I don't think it's that, either. I'm jut not sure.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Erik-IOREG.ioreg
    4.8 MB · Views: 95
  • config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 167
  • DSDT.aml
    62 KB · Views: 66
  • SSDT.aml
    1.8 KB · Views: 70
  • system.log.zip
    687.6 KB · Views: 67
HDMI audio is working. Off topic.

My system crashes due to issues with the graphics when using the HDMI audio patches but does NOT crash when I remove them. Seems appropriate for this thread, but I'm happy to move it elsewhere. Do you have any insight on why this would happen or where I should ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back