Graphics
Geforce GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've had my computer for 2 years and have used Windows XP to 8.1 throughout my life. I decided to try and make a Hackintosh; I'm loving it so far but have 2 major issues I can't seem to figure out.

Intel i5-3350P (4 Core 3.1Ghz)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
MB: MSI B75MA-P45
Using x2 8GB SanDisk Cruze Sliders for boots and stuff
Logitech Wired Mouse, Wireless Keyboard
Bose Companion 20 Speakers

Audio
I've tried looking everywhere on how to fix this audio problem. I've downloaded every Multibeast audio driver, including some Voodoo ones that don't seem to help at all either. No audio output whatsoever. I already tried inserting the audio plug into each connector on my motherboard, but no results. Audio Sys Prefs say No Audio Output Device found. I have an old sound card if that helps; it is not plugged in (Creative X-Fi Sound Blaster).

Upgrading
I want to migrate to Yosemite, but also want to keep all my stuff I have so far. I found a guide on doing just that: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html
I can follow up to step 4 with Unibeast. I partitioned my second USB just like he said; but my install gets stopped trying to copy Install OSX Yosemite.app I downloaded from the App store. I can seem to find a reason why.

Thanks in advance!

Hey man. I don't know what you're doing wrong, but you should use the ALC888b/887 v100302 (both in ML and yosemite). Also, the latest VoodooHDA from multibeast 7.1.1 works in yosemite at least (but it doesn't sound as well in my opinion).
It might be that i'm using the correct BIOS version and also a DSDT from this post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/61894-dsdt-msi-b75ma-p45.html

You say the copy process doesn't work, i'm assuming you mean that unibeast doesn't finish copying the yosemite installer to the USB am i right? Well, i thought so too, but you just have to give it time. It's slow as hell and doesn't update the progress bar until it's really finished, which could take like 30 minutes at least. (actually, i did start unibeast as root using sudo just to be sure, but i don't think you have to).

From there it should be smooth sailing. Launch the installer, let it do it's thing and reboot, then boot from the USB stick again, but this time choose choose the new installation as boot target in chimera.

Now, what you need from multibeast in yosemite is Quick start with User SSDT, and beyond what multibeast chooses for you, you should pick:
  • Audio - ALC888b/887 v100302
  • Network - RTL81xx
  • System - Patched AppleInteCPUPowerManagment
  • Customize - GraphicsEnabler=Yes (optional, my gt650ti works better without it)

Everything works. CPU powermanagment, GPU powermanagment, sleep, you name it.
I did use the installer from the app store, i'm assuming it's based on 10.10.1. Also, when updating to 10.10.2 i had to boot up the installer from the USB yet again and copy NullCPUPowerManagment.kext to S/L/E so that i could boot the system up again (using -f as boot argument for no kernel cache), then apply the
Patched AppleInteCPUPowerManagment and ALC888b/887 v100302 AppleHDA yet again. I'm thinking I may have to do that everytime OS X is updated but that's no biggie. :)

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back