GA-P55A-UD3- F11
CPU
i5
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi all,

I was able to get my drive to boot...I created two partitions and put the Clover boot loader on a small partition on the same hard drive. I can now boot but I have two problems.

# 1 - I get no audio (I have a Sound Blaster SB1095 which worked on Yosemite using another driver - I can't remember what driver worked before, so I am hoping someone else has done this)
#2 - My second monitor doesn't work like it did in Yosmite. The one that works is using HDMI...the one that doesn't is connected VGA to the monitor using an adapter that hooks to the DVI on the Graphics card.

My questions are this:

#1 Is it ok to have the Clover boot loader on a separate partition?
#2 If so how can I fix the audio and video problems?

I have this installation on an extra hard drive that I did a clean install on...I have yet to try on my current Yosemite SSD drive because I want to make sure I can get everything to work first.

Thank you!

VGA support is generally poor. You might get the best result by using an "active" DVI-D to VGA adapter rather than a typical DVI-I to VGA adapter. For now, you can see if powering the monitor off and back on or unplugging and replugging it to the video card will result in it coming online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back