Contribute
Register

ATI 5850 Display Port and DVI issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else having this problem with Nvidia cards? Quadro 4000 in particular?

Just want to confirm, is anyone having these problems with their 6870 or is this 5xxx/4xxx series cards only?

what does "ioreg | grep -i aty" show? it might be using the wrong frame buffer.

ER800 said:
fauntlaroy said:
I have rolled my ati drivers back to the 10.6.7 ones, display port is working fine again.

Same for my ati 5770

Rolled my ati drivers to 10.6.7 and display port back to life! ;)

I'm gonna go out on an idiot limb here and just doublecheck:

this fix would only work for ATI cards right? My Quadro 4000 would be unaffected?

Let the mockery begin.

markhgn said:
I'm in the same position. 10.6.8 update + 5850 + DisplayPort = black screen.

Drawing a blank.

Update: ... and I'm back to 10.6.7. Unless anyone has any bright ideas will be waiting for Lion to come along. I don't have enough experience to solve this one.

I ended up staying at 10.6.7 to avoid any problems with the new ati ketxts, nonetheless the card still works in lion natively... with a lower benchmark though

Does anyone have the 10.6.7 display drivers? I want to revert back so I can get display port working. These drivers do in fact work if your system is running 10.6.8?

Also, what utility is everyone using to install the kexts? Kextbeast? If so, just putting the files - all of them on the desktop and running the utility? Anything else you're doing?

laguna1212, I'm using Kext Utility supplied with MultiBeast (just drag the .kext file onto the app icon).

Where can we get older ATI kexts? The oldest I have are from MB 3.4 (v 1.6.32)...

I too have the problem that displayport is dead after update to 10.6.8
It recognizes the display but stays black...
I'm experimenting which kexts to use to roll back to 10.6.7 ati drivers... any help?

I have ati 5850, in 10.6.8 and i use 10.6.7 drivers

I have 3 monitors working (DVI+DVI+DP)
For 3 monitor suport i must change the ATY_init by netkas.

i send my ATY_init

Attachments

• ATY_Init.kext.zip
    243.7 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back