Contribute
Register

ATI 5850 Display Port and DVI issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
seim said:
Try booting with GraphicsEnabler=no if that doesn't work boot from Snow Leopard DVD and copy back your old kexts via Terminal

thanks...which commands i have to use for copy and paste? can you give me an example?

delete all Kexts beginning with "ATI"
Code:
rm -R /Volumes/.../Extentions/ATI*
"rm" is for remove and -R means recursive (deletes folders and all of it's content, because a .kext is basically a folder - just Mac OS's Finder handles it as a file)

copy old ones from USB drive
Code:
cp -R /Volumes/usb/ATI* /Volumes/.../Extensions

use right filepaths according to your system

seim said:
Ok DisplayPort is working by replacing Hoolock with Uakari in the Info.plist for my Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 and setting GraphocsEnabler=yes

So first many thanks to all who posted information about the Frambuffer approach!!

However this solves the black screen on DisplayPort but there's still a 'blind monitor' recognized that in fact doesn't exist. Will find a solution for that.

Back after some months of still using Snow Leopard, I needed Lion due to some programming reasons (new Xcode & iOS SDK is just available for Lion -.-) and I worked a bit more on my graphics issue.

Well since everything worked fine by replacing the framebuffer in Info.plist of ATI5000.kext except that a VGA 'ghost monitor' was recognized. I solved this problem by disabling the ghost monitor with ScreenResX (it's not a perfect solution, but it works fine).

However, Sleep is still not working and it may depend on the graphics card since other users with my main board report that Sleep Mode is working for them.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-12-01 um 20.36.03.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-12-01 um 20.36.03.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 252
I have the same problem... Radeon 5850 on 10.6.8 No signal using HDMI.
Installing 10.6.8 driver from Multibeast fixes it and my monitor has signal, but after rebooting the computer, the problem comes again. No signal!
I already repaired permissions...
What can I do?
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back