Contribute
Register

ATI 5850 Display Port and DVI issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
seim: Since your card injects as Uakari, you don't have to worry about the Vervet framebuffer--it won't work. If anything you should add Uakari to the ATI5000Controller kext, which you already tried. One thing you can check is that the aty_config values for the framebuffer you load in Lion 10.7 are the same in the 10.6.7 kexts. Also, try to boot your system with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and AtiConfig=RadeonFramebuffer to see if that makes a difference.

If nothing else works, you may want to try to edit the controller file for the Uakari framebuffer in the ATI5000Controller kext to reflect the type of ports you use/have on your card. Check out http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,864.0.html and http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,862.0.html for more info on how to do that.

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to avoid going back to the 10.6.7 kexts. But found that adding the frame buffer that was being injected to the ATI5000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist solved my display port and having to unplug the cable issue.

In the plist you should see something like this.
Code:
			<key>ATY,Hoolock</key>
			<dict>
				<key>aty_config</key>
				<dict>
					<key>CFG_FORCE_ICLK</key>
					<true/>
				</dict>
			</dict>

I replaced the Hoolock with my frame buffer Uakari ( to find your framebuffer, make sure you are using graphicsenabler=yes and then type in the terminal "ioreg | grep ATY") This was mentioned previously in the thread. And installed the kext using kextbeast, and ran system utilities just in case. I'd keep a backup of the orginal kext just in case. Hope that helps some others.

And you said you've the 5850, too ?

Will definitively try it!

Ok DisplayPort is working by replacing Hoolock with Uakari in the Info.plist for my Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 and setting GraphocsEnabler=yes

So first many thanks to all who posted information about the Frambuffer approach!!

However this solves the black screen on DisplayPort but there's still a 'blind monitor' recognized that in fact doesn't exist. Will find a solution for that.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-07-30 um 15.54.34.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-07-30 um 15.54.34.png
    2 MB · Views: 342
Have you found a solution with the recognized vga-display?!

Here exists the same problem with a ATI Sapphire 5850. I'm searching for days but no solution.

Thanks.

Sweet! I just changed the frame buffer to Vervet in ATI5000 and it worked. Display port is back. Thanks guys. (Running Lion 10.7 by the way)

XFX 5850, running 10.7 with the 10.7 kexts. Running two Dell monitors (2407FPW and U2711) over DVI. Been booting fine but the Dell U2711 would always boot to black.

Per this thread, changed Hoolock to Uakari, as user redratto explained here for the 5770.

So to be explicit, in the ATI5000Controller.kext Info.plist file, at line 45, this,

Code:
			<key>ATY,Hoolock</key>
			<dict>
				<key>aty_config</key>
				<dict>
					<true/>
				</dict>
			</dict>

became,

Code:
			<key>ATY,Uakari</key>
			<dict>
				<key>aty_config</key>
				<dict>
					<true/>
				</dict>
			</dict>

Pre-Lion, I was using AtiConfig=Uakari AND GraphicsEnabler=Yes in my boot.plist, and now I removed that, leaving just GraphicsEnabler=Yes. The final step, that I just tested now, was to add this to my boot.plist:

Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1440x32</string>

as reported by users snckole and uukk on this InsanelyMac thread.

It seems 1920x1440x32 is the highest resolution available at boot. This makes the U2711 appear after boot, and I don't have to fiddle with the DVI cables at the back!

mt33 said:
It seems 1920x1440x32 is the highest resolution available at boot. This makes the U2711 appear after boot, and I don't have to fiddle with the DVI cables at the back!

Ok so you have your card running via DVI without replugging and there's no ghost monitor recognized?

Yes that's right, both monitors over DVI, no ghost monitor, and no having to unplug/plug the cables.

My DP doesn't work however. I've struggled for a long time with it, and I've just given up. DVI is the same digital connection anyway.

Hi guys,

sorry... I need some Help,

as I understand 10.6.8 is the problem that I cant run 3 Displays over HDMI/DVI and DisplayPort. (btw: my 5770 only hast these 3 Connectors)

So my Problem right now is .. I dont get it what is to do now ... ?!

Where I see that Graphic enabler is on ? What do I have to change ? Where do I get 10.6.7 framebuffer ?

Someone can give me some simple advices ??? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back