Contribute
Register

ATI 5850 Display Port and DVI issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple Advice:

a) Read this topic completely, I think redratto explained the framebuffer approach very detailed
b) Ask Google for simple stuff like "How can I see if GraphicsEnabler is on or off" - that's an absolutely basic question.. take a look in your /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist file

ok but where do I get the old files from 10.6.7 ? I dont have a second mac or a HD ?!

Usually from a second Mac or you save the whole folder everytime before an update. Now.. maybe you could try to install Mac into a VM or google for them.

so as I understood, I take these files put them in with kexthelper and finish ?

I dont have to edit plist files or something like that ? Thats only a other way right ?

I'm not sure how KextHelper works, but I did it with some Terminal commands.. I'm writing them down out of my mind, so don't just copy and paste them into the Terminal app, alter the file paths to your own.

Login as root
Code:
sudo su

move old Kext files (don't delete, maybe you need them later)
Code:
mv /System/Library/Extentions/ATI* /Users/youruser/Desktop/BackupKexts

copy new Kexts
Code:
cp -R /here/are/your/old/files/ATI* /System/Library/Extensions

rebuild the Kextchache (you can also delete it, but I prefer rebuilding it) - these are standard paths, so you can copy&paste the command
Code:
kextcache -v 1 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

so this it ? bring in the files and finish ? Can you tell me which exatcly you took ?

btw: You have a idea why my original apple keyboard isnt function after sleep ? but every standard pc keyboard ?

I had that issue too, the only way i could get it to boot fully was in 10.6.3, so i installed that with no patches or kexts, picked it up as a generic ati card, ran the 10.6.8 update, then BEFORE i restarted i ran multibeast, with no video patches or kexts selected, and it said the setup failed, but it worked anyway
88402.jpeg

philosopher said:
Thanks for the replies. I wanted to avoid going back to the 10.6.7 kexts. But found that adding the frame buffer that was being injected to the ATI5000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist solved my display port and having to unplug the cable issue.

In the plist you should see something like this.
Code:
			<key>ATY,Hoolock</key>
			<dict>
				<key>aty_config</key>
				<dict>
					<key>CFG_FORCE_ICLK</key>
					<true/>
				</dict>
			</dict>

I replaced the Hoolock with my frame buffer Uakari ( to find your framebuffer, make sure you are using graphicsenabler=yes and then type in the terminal "ioreg | grep ATY") This was mentioned previously in the thread. And installed the kext using kextbeast, and ran system utilities just in case. I'd keep a backup of the orginal kext just in case. Hope that helps some others.

after changing to Uakari...I got kernel panic...what can I do now? :( bootflag with -x doesn´t work

Try booting with GraphicsEnabler=no if that doesn't work boot from Snow Leopard DVD and copy back your old kexts via Terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back