Contribute
Register

Atheros Bluetooth: IOath3kfrmwr.kext: Not Working (AR3011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. I didn't realize that. You're probably right then that it has something to do with my USB ports.

Per the El Capitan USB Fix Guide thread on another forum, I added entries from my DSDT and IOreg into AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext (Info.plist) get my USB ports working.

AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext will not load on startup no matter how I try to install it. kextstat never shows it loaded after a boot and my USB ports don't show up or work until I kextload it manually.

Best to not touch the kexts themselves -- you probably damaged the kexts in your patching process. Build a port injector kext instead...

There is examples in my various projects: y50, envy, u430... see Projects link in my signature.

Best to not touch the kexts themselves -- you probably damaged the kexts in your patching process. Build a port injector kext instead
The strange thing is that I backed up the original IOUSBHostFamily.kext and even when I reinstall the original, the kexts inside, AppleUSBEHCI.kext and AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext don't load. XHCI kexts show up as loaded just fine.

It's possible that EHCI kexts have never loaded correctly after updating to Capitan.

For my Bluetooth issue, you are suggesting that I have a USB bus that is not being loaded properly which the Bluetooth resides on. Wouldn't the WiFi also not be working if that was the case, since it's a combo card?

The strange thing is that I backed up the original IOUSBHostFamily.kext and even when I reinstall the original, the kexts inside, AppleUSBEHCI.kext and AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext don't load. XHCI kexts show up as loaded just fine.

It's possible that EHCI kexts have never loaded correctly after updating to Capitan.

Maybe you don't have SIP disabled?

Also, many laptops will need a port injector kext for USB.

For my Bluetooth issue, you are suggesting that I have a USB bus that is not being loaded properly which the Bluetooth resides on. Wouldn't the WiFi also not be working if that was the case, since it's a combo card?

AR9285 WiFi is on the PCIe bus. Just because the devices are on the same PCB does not mean they are on the same bus. Half mini PCIe provides access to both PCIe and USB.

Maybe you don't have SIP disabled?
Posted previously:
Code:
rytzs-MacBook-Pro:~ rytz$ csrutil status
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
	Apple Internal: disabled
	Kext Signing: disabled
	Filesystem Protections: disabled
	Debugging Restrictions: disabled
	DTrace Restrictions: disabled
	NVRAM Protections: disabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.
Are there other logs or areas of the system I can check (other than syslog) to help me diagnose why the EHCI kexts won't load at startup?

AR9285 WiFi is on the PCIe bus. Just because the devices are on the same PCB does not mean they are on the same bus. Half mini PCIe provides access to both PCIe and USB.
I see. Seems odd to me just because they are on the same physical card.

Do you recommend a better / more supported Half mini PCIe card for WiFi+Bluetooth combo?

Are there other logs or areas of the system I can check (other than syslog) to help me diagnose why the EHCI kexts won't load at startup?

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Press F4 at Clover main screen, then post EFI/Clover folder.

Post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

I see. Seems odd to me just because they are on the same physical card.

Not odd. Refer to half-mini PCIe spec/pinout.

Do you recommend a better / more supported Half mini PCIe card for WiFi+Bluetooth combo?

Broadcom... read FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

But without properly working USB, it won't do you much good.

Post ioreg
Attached.

Press F4 at Clover main screen, then post EFI/Clover folder.
Attached.

Post output of: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext toledaARPT.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext IOUSBHostFamily.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IOath3kfrmwr.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext HDAEnabler3.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext AppleHDA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIDebug.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBacklight.kext
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBEHCIPCI; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Looks like maybe the prelink failure is causing my kext not to load on startup?

But without properly working USB, it won't do you much good.
Currently, I've got all 4 USB port working under the USB3 bus now. USB3 speeds are working for USB3 devices. USB2/3 devices work in either ports. I don't see a hub listed for USB3; the devices just show up under the bus.

I can get the USB2 hub to show up under the bus, but when I have my USB3 fix in place, the devices will never get listed in the USB2 hub.

Attachments

• rytz’s MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip
    862 KB · Views: 90
  • EFI_CLOVER.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 137
  • DSDT.dsl.zip
    38.8 KB · Views: 82
  • usb2d_usb2+3p.png
    usb2d_usb2+3p.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 221
  • usb3d_usb2p.png
    usb3d_usb2p.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 281
  • usb3d_usb3p.png
    usb3d_usb3p.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 247
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext IOUSBHostFamily.kext
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBEHCIPCI; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Looks like maybe the prelink failure is causing my kext not to load on startup?

Your problem is you patched the kexts incorrectly.

Restore all kexts to vanilla with a fresh install.

Your problem is you patched the kexts incorrectly.

Restore all kexts to vanilla with a fresh install.
I know you are suggesting a reinstall to fix the problem, but is there not a way to repair the prelink without reinstallation?

I know you are suggesting a reinstall to fix the problem, but is there not a way to repair the prelink without reinstallation?

If you saved a backup before overwriting, restore original kexts from backup.

If you saved a backup before overwriting, restore original kexts from backup.
That's the strange part - even when I install my backed-up/original IOUSBHostFamily.kext, it's the same issue. I'll try again tonight and if it still doesn't work, I'll make a separate port injector kext for my USB issues and do a reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back