Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I found your thread @CaseySJ : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...700k-amd-rx-580.316533/page-3515#post-2309665
Davinci works fine, it's desktop video with drivers beyond 12.1 that according to that thread last year, won't work on hackintoshes. I have a TV as a 10 bit video monitor so I need this. I think this one thing is my hesitation to upgrade my hack to Ventura or build another hack. Unless I can know that the driver will work. Otherwise, I'm out my TV monitor
@mattbatt
I apologize I haven't contributed a response... been away...
I use Resolve daily (on multiple hackintoshes) and don't have issue. I'm typing this on my main work machine, which is a z790 Creator running OC 0.9.3 and Ventura 13.4. I use BM Desktop Video 12.4.2 on this machine, and on a z690 Creator, and on several z390 Designares. Notice the Casey theme??

All BM I/O devices are cards -- not Thunderbolt -- however. The key to getting Mac to recognize the BM cards is the little trick listed on that Designare thread which forces the installation of the DeckLink_Driver.kext. If you're using TB-based BM, I cannot help as we don't use those, but I did for awhile use a TB-2 Ultrastudio on a z390 Designare (non-flashed TB) and it functioned fairly well.
Best,
J

Fenvi lives on. I like Sonoma. Will upgrade to it in the fall. My Mac book is on Monterey and will skip Ventura.

@CaseySJ, @Azimuth1, @m4rk0

Here is my EFI. I just tested manual sleep and automatic sleep. I changed my "turn display off when inactive" setting to 1 minute (from 2 hours) to do the test. I rarely manually put the system to sleep, but when I do I usually leave the room as it takes a minute or so for it to sleep. In both my tests, I observed it go into sleep and pop back on immediately 3 times before it finally stayed asleep. I'm not sure how long it's been doing this, but the result is the same for both, it goes to sleep (eventually).
Not sure there's anything special in my EFI, but hope it helps!
Using OC V.9.3 and MacOS 13.4.1(c).

Attachments

• EFI_OC_V93.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 38
Hey guys I was playing with Asus Thunderbolt 4 on Windows and wanted to update the firmware and saw this.
Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 8.01.51 PM.png

Mods; if its already known and if this post is redundant, please delete it.

Hey guys I was playing with Asus Thunderbolt 4 on Windows and wanted to update the firmware and saw this.
View attachment 569471

Mods; if its already known and if this post is redundant, please delete it.
Yes! I didn't read made the mistake of this update! Now can't use my Thunderbolt 2 accessory's :banghead: WARNING DO NOT UPDATE!!

@CaseySJ, @Azimuth1, @m4rk0

Here is my EFI. I just tested manual sleep [..]I observed it go into sleep and pop back on immediately 3 times before it finally stayed asleep. [..]
Thanks for posting it.
I believe my system had the same behaviour lately, after a few changed and upgrades.
I also updated to bios 2602, I’ll post my findings as soon as I have a clearer picture. Good so far tho.

Good morning,
I want to change my 5700xt, for another GPU.
Which of these already have native drivers:
6700xt / 6800xt / 6900xt ?

Good morning,
I want to change my 5700xt, for another GPU.
Which of these already have native drivers:
6700xt / 6800xt / 6900xt ?
Only the last two have native drivers.

Reactions: Rag
@Jeson

Thanks for sharing the full procedure! It’s a bit involved, but better than nothing.

If you’ve tried this, do all Continuity features work? I would expect them to.
@CaseySJ, here is more detailed content. Hopefully, it can help everyone.

Back