Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hi all, lately mouse tracking has slowed down (and keyboard). I haven't change the EFI but have used hackindrom to update and am currently on 13.4 . This occurs with a wired or wireless mouse. The Gekkbench is over 2000 so still fast. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks ! Also the NVME is 2 TB and I am at 1.52 no idea if thats a factor. Also restarting sometimes fixes it

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses, @CaseySJ. I don't think it's the same dimensions. This seems longer with the adapter?
Will it work anyway? Should I attempt or just opt in for the one with you're using that's the same dimensions? Just thought I'd use it as I had it laying around. If it won't fit, I won't bother.

I haven't run any benchmarks yet. No riser, used the second slot. I'm using custom water loop so the space or airflow is not an issue for me.
Did you update to the newest BIOS version that was released not long ago?

Hi all, lately mouse tracking has slowed down (and keyboard). I haven't change the EFI but have used hackindrom to update and am currently on 13.4 . This occurs with a wired or wireless mouse. The Gekkbench is over 2000 so still fast. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks ! Also the NVME is 2 TB and I am at 1.52 no idea if thats a factor. Also restarting sometimes fixes it
Well, I have to start with the basics! Have you already checked these two settings?
Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 10.04.03 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 10.04.07 AM.png

Thanks for the responses, @CaseySJ. I don't think it's the same dimensions. This seems longer with the adapter?
Will it work anyway?
It should work, but it may be difficult to put everything back together properly.

Should I attempt or just opt in for the one with you're using that's the same dimensions? Just thought I'd use it as I had it laying around. If it won't fit, I won't bother.

Yes, it may be best to purchase a BCM94360NG.

Well, I have to start with the basics! Have you already checked these two settings?
View attachment 566933View attachment 566934
Thanks. Yes, I cranked both of these before posting here. Problem seems to be intermittent and isn't a problem now. I did clean up the desktop which was insanely littered. I also have a 5k monitor - no idea if that affects anything

Hi all !
Currently on Z490 Vision D config (because of the famous @CaseySJ :cool: ) I plan to move to a higher end setup.
Following this thread since the beginning, and drolling as well (!) to those lucky boys who already moved on...
My question is very simple and there is no simple answer (I know...!):
Since this initial release, is there a way to improve it (GPU AMD RX 6900 XT maybe...) or more tricky do you have somewhere a more attractive motherboard already under construction? :) .
I know that if you wait you will never move on, but it would be a pity to place the order now and discover a new "experimental" thread next week !
Thanks anyway for your wise suggestions and thoughts...

Last edited:
Thank you....I'll see if I install windows on an external HD and then update ME...
Any extra kext's needed for the 13K?

… I plan to move to a higher end setup.

My question is very simple and there is no simple answer (I know...!):
Since this initial release, is there a way to improve it (GPU AMD RX 6900 XT maybe...) or more tricky do you have somewhere a more attractive motherboard already under construction? :) .
I have moved on to (a) Asus ProArt Z690-Creator and (b) Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Gene (AMD AM5). Both of these are excellent choices although the Asus ProArt X670E may be more suitable for most people than the Gene.

My X670E build is detailed in the AMD-OSX forum.

Did anyone have a successful build with ASUS ProArt Z790-Creator and i9-13900K that is comparable to the successful build that @CaseySJ did? I browsed around in this thread and saw a number of issues with ASUS ProArt Z790-Creator (that may not have been solved yet?).

I'm still debating on which hardware to buy for my first hackintosh. I'm aware it's coming to an end so this will be my first and last as well. I have an intel-based 16-inch Macbook Pro (2019) that I can still install Windows on Bootcamp, so my primarily purpose is to have dual boot of Windows and MacOS (can't do that with M1 or M2 and using Parallel is not an option). I've been researching and reading. But it seems the more I read and research, the more stuff I don't know, and I don't even know what I don't know haha.

So if the build has too many issues, does it become a full Windows machine? lol

Did anyone have a successful build with ASUS ProArt Z790-Creator and i9-13900K that is comparable to the successful build that @CaseySJ did? I browsed around in this thread and saw a number of issues with ASUS ProArt Z790-Creator (that may not have been solved yet?).

I'm still debating on which hardware to buy for my first hackintosh. I'm aware it's coming to an end so this will be my first and last as well. I have an intel-based 16-inch Macbook Pro (2019) that I can still install Windows on Bootcamp, so my primarily purpose is to have dual boot of Windows and MacOS (can't do that with M1 or M2 and using Parallel is not an option). I've been researching and reading but it seems the more I read and research, the more stuff I don't know and I don't even know what I don't know haha.

So if the build has too many issues, does it become a full Windows machine? lol
I have two builds loosely based on this thread: an Asus Creator z690 with a 13700k, and an Asus Creator z790 with a 13900k. Both run an AMD 6900 XT. Sleep is really the only thing not fully functional. However, I never ever use it, so I’ve never sought to sort it out. One uses both hard wire Ethernet ports (2.5+10gig), the other hardwire 2.5 + PCIe Broadcom WiFi/BT).

They’ve been very solid (arguably more solid than my other z390 Designare builds).
J

Back