Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Intel Bluetooth may not work, but Broadcom WiFi and Bluetooth are fine.

Update: Natively supported Bluetooth modules should continue to work as long as AirportBrcmFixup and BlueToolFixup are not used.
Thanks for pointing me to this thread, @CaseySJ. Just to confirm, then, when you say "natively supported Bluetooth modules should continue to work," would that include the Intel Bluetooth modules found in the Z490?

I have two builds loosely based on this thread: an Asus Creator z690 with a 13700k, and an Asus Creator z790 with a 13900k. Both run an AMD 6900xt. Sleep is really the only thing not fully functional, but I never ever use it, so I’ve never sought to sort it out. One uses both hard wire Ethernet ports (2.5+10gig), the other hardwire 2.5 + PCIe Broadcom WiFi/BT).

They’ve been very solid (arguably more solid than my other z390 Designare builds).
J
Can you share the rest of your specs? What other components do you use and which macOS?

Thanks for pointing me to this thread, @CaseySJ. Just to confirm, then, when you say "natively supported Bluetooth modules should continue to work," would that include the Intel Bluetooth modules found in the Z490?
I can confirm, native Broadcom modules are perfectly working.

Intel modules are not natively supported in macOS. Broadcom 94360 series modules are natively supported.

Intel modules are not natively supported in macOS. Broadcom 94360 series modules are natively supported.
Thanks both. Will see if I have can extract a broadcom chip from a previous Hackintosh build, and otherwise I will cross my fingers that the onboard Intel is supported soon. It was really nice to have such a good "built-in" experience with it, including the impressive WiFi (which is working great in 13.4).

Just be careful with native Broadcom modules, they have different firmware versions, and a Fenvi card I bought years ago to use on z170 had a Broadcom module that wasn't playing nice with Monterey and Ventura... I bought another Fenvi last year, and it had an updated firmware version. It has worked well with macOS Monterey and now Ventura.

I have 2 quick questions,
1, Is HackinDROM newest OC version is 0.8.9, not yet 0.9 ?
2, OC 0.8.9 are safe to upgrade to 13.4 ? (ASUS Z690i)
Thanks.

I have 2 quick questions,
1, Is HackinDROM newest OC version is 0.8.9, not yet 0.9 ?
2, OC 0.8.9 are safe to upgrade to 13.4 ? (ASUS Z690i)
Thanks.
HackinDROM can update OpenCore to 0.9.2, which is latest version. For instructions, please see this at the top of Post 1:

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 7.50.19 AM.png

Just be careful with native Broadcom modules, they have different firmware versions, and a Fenvi card I bought years ago to use on z170 had a Broadcom module that wasn't playing nice with Monterey and Ventura... I bought another Fenvi last year, and it had an updated firmware version. It has worked well with macOS Monterey and now Ventura.
don't know... I have an "old" PCI 1x Broadcom card OOB (not Fenvi) which is more than 5 years old and it still is working perfectly ... from Lion to Ventura.

Back