Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

The steps for this build are insanely detailed but the parts aren't available on Amazon or Newegg (or it's super expensive). Any suggestion on replacement parts for this build that will still work? (I'm new to hackintosh)
A number of folks in this thread have used the newer Z790 ProArt Creator with Intel 13th Gen CPU. BIOS version and BIOS settings can make a significant difference, so please search through some recent activity in this thread.

The steps for this build are insanely detailed but the parts aren't available on Amazon or Newegg (or it's super expensive). Any suggestion on replacement parts for this build that will still work? (I'm new to hackintosh)
Look at these motherboard/processor setups. Very affordable and works great as a hackintosh.

Thank you for the info, and updating to 2103 I need to update also the ME firmware to Version 16.1.25.1885 or I can skip this. Reason is only because my machine doesn't have windows...
If you plan on using raptor lake with 2103 then you should install the ME update. For cpu operating stability and the use of all nvme slots. If just using alder lake then you might be fine.

You also could just use an older bios as well up to you. All I am saying is upto 2103 is fine but going beyond is like venturing into the next frontier.

Bluetooth isn't working. The kext has to be updated.
which bluetooth? The OOB one which is included in this build?

If you plan on using raptor lake with 2103 then you should install the ME update. For cpu operating stability and the use of all nvme slots. If just using alder lake then you might be fine.

You also could just use an older bios as well up to you. All I am saying is upto 2103 is fine but going beyond is like venturing into the next frontier.
Thank you....I'll see if I install windows on an external HD and then update ME...

Woah, what are your metal scores like? And did you use a riser to slot the second GPU in or placed in right under the first GPU? Looking at mine i don't see much clearance for the second GPU.. It'll go in, but the airflow would be horrible.
I haven't run any benchmarks yet. No riser, used the second slot. I'm using custom water loop so the space or airflow is not an issue for me.

which bluetooth? The OOB one which is included in this build?
Intel Bluetooth may not work, but Broadcom WiFi and Bluetooth are fine.

Update: Natively supported Bluetooth modules should continue to work as long as AirportBrcmFixup and BlueToolFixup are not used.

Last edited:
Back