Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Now after your instructions, I’m getting this (Thunderbolt disabled and no Ethernet cable connected).
I reattached the config.plist
Thanks
20623E51-8769-4BA9-92E9-D7BFB7229902.jpeg

Now after your instructions, I’m getting this (Thunderbolt disabled and no Ethernet cable connected).
I reattached the config.plist
Thanks
View attachment 559610
Are you using RAID? is BIOS RAID disabled? Is Windows also installed on this computer?

Please try attached config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    40 KB · Views: 26
Not at all, no RAID. All I have is one M.2 Fury installed. Nothing else.
99E6BCB9-FE7E-4705-8035-3F5D671439FD.jpeg

I've not even connected SSD. On the BIOS I checked every screen you posted.
So, I got the motherboard updated to BIOS 2103, connected psi cables, did the pendrive (5 times) and tried to boot. It keeps getting stuck at the same line.
Apfs module.
I tried few other things, I removed one of the memories, I removed the M.2 and put back. Nothing.
Can we share the EFI folder?
About the hardware, do you thing I did something wrong?

Not at all, no RAID. All I have is one M.2 Fury installed. Nothing else.
View attachment 559615
I've not even connected SSD. On the BIOS I checked every screen you posted.
So, I got the motherboard updated to BIOS 2103, connected psi cables, did the pendrive (5 times) and tried to boot. It keeps getting stuck at the same line.
Apfs module.
I tried few other things, I removed one of the memories, I removed the M.2 and put back. Nothing.
Can we share the EFI folder?
About the hardware, do you thing I did something wrong?
There's something connected to internal USB 2.0 header. Is it the Corsair cooler? Can you disconnect that header cable and see if it makes any difference?

I disconnected, and the same thing happened. I deleted all the variations of configs. I'm using the one you sent me.
I tried to disable SecureBoot Default to disable, but no success as well.
The thunderbolt is still disabled (plus the wifi and Bluetooth)
I tried to disable SIP FF0F.......no success as well.

It gets stuck on: apfs module_start:3005:

Ps. I just want to register here, I really appreciate your consideration in helping me this late.

Last edited:
I disconnected, and the same thing happened. I deleted all the variations of configs. I'm using the one you sent me.
I tried to disable SecureBoot Default to disable, but no success as well.
The thunderbolt is still disabled (plus the wifi and Bluetooth)
I tried to disable SIP FF0F.......no success as well.

It gets stuck on: apfs module_start:3005:

Ps. I just want to register here, I really appreciate your consideration in helping me this late.
Do you have a different NVMe SSD such as WD SN series? Or even a cheap SATA SSD? If so, let’s try installing macOS there.

Another option is to try installing Monterey 12.6.2 to see whether or not it also fails at the same place.

Attachments

• config.plist
    38.4 KB · Views: 24
Because most of us are using MacPro7,1 or iMacPro1,1 with this build, we're unable to use Sidecar.

Hi CaseySJ!

It's been a while I wanted to say it: Sidecar works on both the Z690 systems I used, so far. How come?

Hi CaseySJ!

It's been a while I wanted to say it: Sidecar works on both the Z690 systems I used, so far. How come?
That's interesting. What System Product Name do you use on your Z690 systems? Do you use:
  • iMac19,x
  • iMac20,x
or ...
  • iMacPro1,1
  • MacPro7,1

Back