Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

That's so odd that the TS4 doesn't work with your ProArt... is it that the TS4 doesn't work with the ProArt in Windows too, or is it just a macOS issue?

I haven't had any problems with a Goshen Ridge-based dock and the z690 Formula. I'm assuming the dock is working for you properly in windows, because Caldigit's website states the updater is Windows-only for now, and assuming you used the ProArt to update the NVM, then the dock had to have connected properly for the NVM update to work.

If the monitor isn't working when connected to the dock i'm assuming you connected your video card's DP out into the motherboard's relevant DP-in port? Also, do other thunderbolt devices work with the TS4 and the z690 ProArt when the TS4 is directly connected to the motherboard?
I was able to update the TS4 on my ProArt via my Windows drive. I had to plug the dock directly into the ProArt before the update could be executed. I have zero problems with it on the Windows side no matter how it's connected, so this is just a MacOS problem for me.

When I plug the TS4 directly into the ProArt and then loop my UltraFine monitor through the TS4, the monitor DOES work and is fully recognized. In this configuration, Hackintool does not see the dock at all USB wise, nor does system properties in about this Mac. Aside from the monitor, USB and Ethernet DO NOT work on the TS4. One interesting note though, if I plug my TS3 into the TS4 in this configuration, the TS3 is fully recognized and operational, hot plug and all. So it seems that TB itself is working.

The only way the TS4 fully works is if I plug it into my UltraFine monitor. It is then fully recognized and functional. I'm limited with additional TB3 devices as I only have an Envoy Express which does not hot plug, and an eGPU which doesn't work properly without Thunderbolt Bus.

I was able to update the TS4 on my ProArt via my Windows drive. I had to plug the dock directly into the ProArt before the update could be executed. I have zero problems with it on the Windows side no matter how it's connected, so this is just a MacOS problem for me.

When I plug the TS4 directly into the ProArt and then loop my UltraFine monitor through the TS4, the monitor DOES work and is fully recognized. In this configuration, Hackintool does not see the dock at all USB wise, nor does system properties in about this Mac. Aside from the monitor, USB and Ethernet DO NOT work on the TS4. One interesting note though, if I plug my TS3 into the TS4 in this configuration, the TS3 is fully recognized and operational, hot plug and all. So it seems that TB itself is working.

The only way the TS4 fully works is if I plug it into my UltraFine monitor. It is then fully recognized and functional. I'm limited with additional TB3 devices as I only have an Envoy Express which does not hot plug, and an eGPU which doesn't work properly without Thunderbolt Bus.
I wonder if it’s your TBT-hotplug SSDT that might be causing the compatibility issues? Have you tested the dock with macOS without the SSDT?

It shouldn't matter at all, but when I was testing an eGPU (back in the days before RDNA2 was supported on macOS Big Sur), the eGPU would work with Maple Ridge and macOS...but only if the hotplug SSDT was disabled. If I used the hotplug SSDT, the radeon card inside disconnect, I guess I needed Thunderbolt Bus enabled...the TS4 worked for me with macOS/z690 Formula with the hotplug SSDT enabled, but just a thought.

I'm glad the firmware update resolved the issues on the M1 Max.

Last edited:
Perusing a detailed review yesterday, it found the Kingston to a very strong performing drive, up against both WD and Samsung.

The top performer across a wide range of workloads appears to be new SK Hynix. There's some talk about incompatibility of older SK Hynix with macOS per kernel panics on actual Macs. But according to a user, if you zap the drive format including the partition table and re-format it yourself, this problem goes away...? This info is purely anecdotal. I've seen no mention of Trim, so buyer beware.
I had KP on Kingston KC3000 when running Monterey 12.4, Asus Z690i and i7-12700KF, then I switched to PNY CS3140. So far, I use the following SSD, WD SN770, SN880, SN750, PNY CS3140 and PNY CS3040, no KP related to SSD.

Ventura Public Beta #2 Available Now in Software Update

The first attempt to install through Software Update (incremental download) generated a Could Not Prepare error
The second attempt does a full 11.22GB download, which is now in progress

Please don't crash...

Aha, it worked...

Up and Runnin​
I got unknown proc for it.
1659257093555.png

already name it here.
1659257152435.png

Can someone give a pointer?

Thanks-

Procedure to enable Intel i225-V Ethernet port in macOS Monterey and Ventura has been revised.
My Mobo is ASUS Z690-i. When I disable the Device Properties associated with the i225-V, the LightRoom 11.4.1 can't launch and crashed。When I re-enabled the Device Properties associated with the i225-V LightRoom returned to normal。

My Mobo is ASUS Z690-i. When I disable the Device Properties associated with the i225-V, the LightRoom 11.4.1 can't launch and crashed。When I re-enabled the Device Properties associated with the i225-V LightRoom returned to normal。
Hello @moomshooter,

Which version of macOS are you running on the Asus Z690-i?

Can you post a screenshot of the following pages in OpenCore Configurator:
  • Kernel
  • Device Properties
  • NVRAM page showing Boot-Args

Hello @moomshooter,

Which version of macOS are you running on the Asus Z690-i?

Can you post a screenshot of the following pages in OpenCore Configurator:
  • Kernel
  • Device Properties
  • NVRAM page showing Boot-Args
Thanks CaseySJ !

I running macOS Monterey 12.5 and a fresh installed Big Sur 11.6.6 on my Asus Z690-i built.

At first, I didn't know what was causing LightRoom to crash and not open, I thought it was caused by system upgrade from Monterey 12.4 to 12.5. Then I purposely installed Big Sur on another SSD to test the problem. I've been trying to find a solution for the past week, including changing the config file. I've been reinstalling Lightroom dozens of times, to no avail until today when I tried re-enabled the Device Properties associated with the i225-V. Then LightRoom started up properly.

VT-D enabled in BIOS.

Attachments

• Kernel.jpg
    Kernel.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Device Properties.jpg
    Device Properties.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Nvram.jpg
    Nvram.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 55
Please check this:

And check whether RestrictEvents.kext is enabled in config.plist --> Kernel.
Solved, thanks. I need to update RestrictEvents.kext to latest version 1.0.9 to get rid memory notification too.

I was curious as to what is 3841 -> 0x0F01 (8-28 cores xeon w), turned out it is processor type from this

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Include/Apple/IndustryStandard/AppleSmBios.h

C-like:
// <0D01> 03 cores  Intel Core m5                  Intel Core m5
// <0D01> 04 cores  Intel Core m5                  Intel Core m5
// <0E01> 01 cores  Intel Core m7                  Intel Core m7
// <0E01> 02 cores  Intel Core m7                  Intel Core m7
// <0E01> 03 cores  Intel Core m7                  Intel Core m7
// <0E01> 04 cores  Intel Core m7                  Intel Core m7
// <0F01> 08 cores  Intel Xeon W                   Intel Xeon W
// <0F01> 10 cores  Intel Xeon W                   Intel Xeon W
// <0F01> 12 cores  Intel Xeon W                   Intel Xeon W  (10.15+)
// <0F01> 14 cores  Intel Xeon W                   Intel Xeon W
// <0F01> 16 cores  Intel Xeon W                   Intel Xeon W  (10.15+)
// <0F01> 18 cores  Intel Xeon W                   Intel Xeon W
// <0F01> 24 cores  Intel Xeon W                   Intel Xeon W  (10.15+)
// <0F01> 28 cores  Intel Xeon W                   Intel Xeon W  (10.15+)
// <1001> 06 cores  Intel Core i9                  Intel Core i9
// <1001> 08 cores  Intel Core i9                  Intel Core i9 (10.15+)
// <1001> 10 cores  Intel Core i9                  Intel Core i9 (10.15+)

** OpenCore 0.8.3 was released 12 hours ago. **
HackinDROM should be able to perform the upgrade.​

Back