Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Does the “System Information” window resize normally or does it resize a bit too slowly?

@CaseySJ

This is the B550 Vision D, Monterey 12.3 Release -- "System Information" window zips back and forth from full screen to smaller window, resizes at normal speed dragging window edges, window drags around screen normally.

@CaseySJ

This is the B550 Vision D, Monterey 12.3 Release -- "System Information" window zips back and forth from full screen to smaller window, resizes at normal speed dragging window edges, window drags around screen normally.
Are you using a 4K monitor on that system?

Since the update to MacOS 12.3 (21E230), I've only noticed graphic glitches in the Apple desktop background images. Everything else works as before (BIOS version 1304, OC 0.79, current kexts).
I can also confirm that there is a delay in maximizing (full-screen mode) and minimizing the window. I use a LG 4K monitor over displayport.

Last edited:
This is very dependent on the board and firmware. I personally experienced problems with BIOS upgrade on my ProArt Creator, but other owners did not. This is not a macOS issue, but an Asus issue. Besides that, my Alder Lake system has been very reliable. I have a free 3 month subscription to Adobe Creative Suite (Asus promotion) so I’ve been lightly experimenting with those apps, all of which work just fine. If your X299 system is both fast and stable, perhaps it would be best to upgrade directly to Apple Silicon. The only reason I haven’t jumped on the Mac Studio is because I purchased a 14” MacBook Pro (with M1 Max) last year. So my mobile computing is now on Apple Silicon and my desktop computing is on this Z690 system.
I'm in the same boat CaseySJ. Just got my 16" Macbook Pro M1 Max in December. Of course, after seeing the Mac Studio...:crazy::banghead::think:

Are you using a 4K monitor on that system?

@CaseySJ

I was running a 34" LG 34UM88-P (3440 x 1440). Is this considered a cheating 4K?

I switched to an LG 27UL850 (3840 x 2160) at full screen resolution. Again no artifacts with 4K YouTube video or Apple desktops.

Both with HDMI.

Unfortunately, also under HDMI fractal image display and delay in maximizing (full-screen mode) or minimizing the window. Then it could either be the motherboard or more likely the graphics card.

Edit:
It's probably the graphics card, because adding the following .aml file to the ACPI directory will bring some performance back. There are still graphic glitches with .heic files, but the animation when minimizing and maximizing windows/apps works again.
Find the original file: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...with-macos-monterey-12-3-update.319404/page-2

Attachments

• SSDT-NAVI-RX5700XT.aml
    433 bytes · Views: 34
Last edited:
Morning guys, has anyone tested Monterey 12.3? The new Logic Pro update requires it before I can update and I'm desperate to get rid of some of the bugs that I have currently when using it
Not really. I‘m on big sur 11.6.5 and newest update of logic just runs fine. Apple is known to bug you to update, but not that aggressive…

Back