Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Yes those glitches continue to exist on:
  • Asus ProArt Z690-Creator WiFi --> Radeon RX 6800 XT
  • Gigabyte B550 Vision D (AMD Ryzen) --> Radeon RX 580
@CaseySJ

I've got the Gigabyte B550 Vision D (AMD Ryzen) with a Radeon RX 580 and haven't noticed any glitches with any Monterey versions. Where do the glitches appear?

I agree the RX 580 with the Z690 Aero G and Z390 Designare have also been fine.

Here's an updated table. We can see that it does not appear to be GPU related...

Yes those glitches continue to exist on:
  • Asus ProArt Z690-Creator WiFi --> Radeon RX 6800 XT
  • Gigabyte B550 Vision D (AMD Ryzen) --> Radeon RX 580
But no such problem on:
  • Gigabyte Z690 Aero G --> Radeon RX 580 / Radeon RX 6600 XT
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision D --> Radeon RX 580
  • Gigabyte Z390 Designare --> Radeon RX 580
I've got the Z690 Aero G with Sapphire 6800 Nitro+ (non-xt variant) and a 12700k with 2x16gb of Kingston Fury Beast 3600mhz RAM; haven't seen any graphic glitches either.

Try to play 4k video on YT and move the window while the video is playing...

This could be related to Universal Control....

@CaseySJ

I've got the Gigabyte B550 Vision D (AMD Ryzen) with a Radeon RX 580 and haven't noticed any glitches with any Monterey versions. Where do the glitches appear?

I agree the RX 580 with the Z690 Aero G and Z390 Designare have also been fine.
Glitches (at least for me) are on some of the Apple wallpapers. Specifically the stock Monterey (purple) wallpaper. The Big Sur stock wallpaper too. However, not all of the Apple wallpapers have glitches. For example, the wallpapers for the 14/16 inch M1 Pro/Max MacBook Pros don't have any glitches. The glitches appear to be based on some issue with rendering Apple's *.heic file extension. I say this because the glitches also appear in Preview when you open the *.heic file.

However, wallpapers based on every other picture format (e.g., *.jpg, *.png, etc) work fine with no glitches at all. Not sure why some of the Apple wallpapers with the *.heic extension have a glitch on Hackintosh.

Last edited:
Glitches (at least for me) are on some of the Apple wallpapers. Specifically the stock Monterey (purple) wallpaper. The Big Sur stock wallpaper too. However, not all of the apple wallpapers have glitches. For example, the wallpapers for the 14/16 inch M1 Pro/Max MacBook pros don't have any glitches. The glitches appear to be based on some issue with rendering Apple's *.heic file extension. I say this because the glitches also appear in Preview when you open the *.heic file.

However, wallpapers based on every other picture format (e.g., *.jpg, *.png, etc) work fine with no glitches at all. Not sure why some of the Apple wallpapers with the *.heic extension have a glitch on Hackintosh.
Your 4k YT vids are OK ?

Glitches (at least for me) are on some of the Apple wallpapers. Specifically the stock Monterey (purple) wallpaper. The Big Sur stock wallpaper too. However, not all of the Apple wallpapers have glitches. For example, the wallpapers for the 14/16 inch M1 Pro/Max MacBook Pros don't have any glitches. The glitches appear to be based on some issue with rendering Apple's *.heic file extension. I say this because the glitches also appear in Preview when you open the *.heic file.

I am also experiencing significant lag when resizing the about this Mac window, which @CaseySJ has posted about. Will be sticking with 12.2.1 for a while.

Try to play 4k video on YT and move the window while the video is playing...

This could be related to Universal Control....

@dehjomz @xtreem.p

With my Gigabyte B550 Vision D (AMD Ryzen) and RX 580 I just checked the Apple wallpapers in heic format (Chroma Blue and Chroma Red) and had no glitches. Opening one of the heic files in Preview did not exhibit any glitches. Moving the Preview window on the screen did not exhibit glitches.

I also played a 4K YouTube video "Flying Over Slovenia," in full-screen, and also moving the window around on the screen, and didn't notice any glitches. Using a LG Ultrawide 4K monitor.

I guess I'm just fortunate.

@dehjomz @xtreem.p

With my Gigabyte B550 Vision D (AMD Ryzen) and RX 580 I just checked the Apple wallpapers in heic format (Chroma Blue and Chroma Red) and had no glitches. Opening one of the heic files in Preview did not exhibit any glitches. Moving the Preview window on the screen did not exhibit glitches.

I also played a 4K YouTube video "Flying Over Slovenia," in full-screen, and also moving the window around on the screen, and didn't notice any glitches. Using a LG Ultrawide 4K monitor.

I guess I'm just fortunate.
Which version of macOS are you running? (Just want to be sure.)

Hi @CaseySJ

Strange thing is happening to me:

After trying to upgrade to OpenCore 0.7.9 my BIOS can't see my EFI partition anymore. Reverted back to 0.7.8 and happens the same. The only way to boot my Mac is using my external USB disk with 0.7.8 EFI partition.

A few days ago tried to install Windows 11 on a second M.2 disk. Do you think it can be related?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @CaseySJ

Strange thing is happening to me:

After trying to upgrade to OpenCore 0.7.9 my BIOS can't see my EFI partition anymore. Reverted back to 0.7.8 and happens the same. The only way to boot my Mac is using my external USB disk with 0.7.8 EFI partition.

A few days ago tried to install Windows 11 on a second M.2 disk. Do you think it can be related?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi @ummario

The EFI folder could have been “contaminated” by Windows. If you can boot from the USB, please mount EFI partition of internal SSD and post a screenshot of the EFI folder expanded.

Back