Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

@Kalypso478 Known thread, which is already the merger of two previous threads. I've just caught up with the last 7 pages… It's growing fast!
That, or someone with a good understanding of GPU properties opens up a new thread so (s)he can own post #1 and edit as required with the latest guide and SSDT repository.

Either you also do it via a properties injection (but please note that this is Belknap and not Adder!) or you copy the attached file into your ACPI folder and then integrate the file with OC correctly. Should help, good luck!
Thank you Kalypso, I tried the ACPI file but it is still so laggy and desktop has squares

Thank you Kalypso, I tried the ACPI file but it is still so laggy and desktop has squares
@steve20677

There has been a lot of progress on fixing this issue in the 12.3 upgrade. People have figured out that the framebuffer needs to be injected in the DeviceProperties in your config.plist:

Please note that you will have to confirm the PciRoot path to your Radeon and customize it as necessary. You can check your path using Hackintool, gfxutil, etc

@steve20677

There has been a lot of progress on fixing this issue in the 12.3 upgrade. People have figured out that the framebuffer needs to be injected in the DeviceProperties in your config.plist:

Please note that you will have to confirm the PciRoot path to your Radeon and customize it as necessary. You can check your path using Hackintool, gfxutil, etc
Thank you, @tedyun, for the response. Sorry I am so illiterate when it comes to OpenCore. How do you go about "to confirm the PciRoot path to your Radeon and customize it as necessary"?

Thank you Kalypso, I tried the ACPI file but it is still so laggy and desktop has squares.
As tedyun already noted. Check your PCIRoot Path from your graphics card. Otherwise he cannot assign the new setting.

Thank you, @Tedyun, for the response. Sorry I am so illiterate when it comes to OpenCore. How do you go about "to confirm the PciRoot path to your Radeon and customize it as necessary"?

Hi @steve20677 -

You can use HackIntool. It has a "PCI" tab, and will list all your devices. Just scroll down the list and find the AMD card.

I'm not at my Hack right now, and I can help you out later. But, if someone can help you out, that would be great, too.

Ted

Thank you, @Tedyun, for the response. Sorry I am so illiterate when it comes to OpenCore. How do you go about "to confirm the PciRoot path to your Radeon and customize it as necessary"?
The easy way to determine PciRoot for the graphics card is by running Hackintool and checking the PCIe tab:

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 3.15.50 PM.png

I think this problem is related to SMBIOS of MacPro7,1. In my case I moved the same card to SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 and it is detected correctly.

View attachment 544220
Did you encounter graphics glitches and slow window resizing problems in Monterey 12.3 without this change? And after the change, did those problems go away?

Found it, thanks guys

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
Now what do I do?

Are you on OpenCore or Clover?

Back