Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Nice!
I suppose you filed a bug report with Asus. What's the reaction?
  • Er… Thanks.
  • Why are you looking at the ACPI code?
  • [silence]
This table is provided by Intel and appears on Gigabyte, Asus, and other vendors' boards. We've seen this problem even on Z590.

Alas, I'm not sure if fixing this table has any effect in macOS, but I believe it's still better to fix such problems. We saw previously that fixing GSWApp led to working sleep/wake behavior. Incidentally, the fix for GSWApp is also needed on this board.

This table is provided by Intel and appears on Gigabyte, Asus, and other vendors' boards. We've seen this problem even on Z590.

Alas, I'm not sure if fixing this table has any effect in macOS, but I believe it's still better to fix such problems. We saw previously that fixing GSWApp led to working sleep/wake behavior. Incidentally, the fix for GSWApp is also needed on this board.
This is all above my pay grade.:)

MB is expected Tuesday now! My case was ordered in mid-December and is expected by end of the week which will end up being the last of the components needed.

Seeing reports of high temps on Alder Lake when the e-cores are disabled, seems that keeping all cores enabled (per the guide) is the ticket to lower temps.

My ProArt has arrived early before the snow! Waiting on the lga1700 bracket.

My ProArt has arrived early before the snow! Waiting on the lga1700 bracket.
Awesome! FYI, the Liquid Freezer II bracket ships from Nevada.

So then Intel and not Gigabyte is the source of this ? I wonder why Windows works properly nonetheless.

So then intel and not gigabyte is the source of this ? I wonder why windows works properly nonetheless.
These ACPI tables were tested with Windows, but not with macOS. Windows probably initializes the system and parses the tables in a different manner.

I wonder if the fix affects the xchiportlimit patch. From what you said before, enabling it was causing issues With this board?

I wonder if the fix affects the xchiportlimit patch. From what you said before, enabling it was causing issues With this board?
I tried that, but it still causes the same problems with USB 2.0 devices. USB 2.0 devices do work on front panel USB 3.x ports, however, when that quirk is enabled.

Hi Casey, would the attached EFI work for ASUS Z690 ROG Extreme MB, i9-12900K, RX6800?

Hi Casey, would the attached EFI work for ASUS Z690 ROG Extreme MB, i9-12900K, RX6800?
Hi Steve,

The primary differences would be:
  • USB port map
  • Device Properties
  • Audio Layout ID
You may, however, try the EFI folder as-is. When installing macOS, it's strong recommended to connect USB 2.0 peripherals such as mouse/keyboard to front panel USB 3.x port.

Back