Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Very excited to start this build! I should have the last of my components next week (minus the mb itself). I went with the same cooler as listed above, this is my first liquid cooler and Asus MB in 18 years. BTW- @CaseySJ any word on the case?:D
I have the non-RGB Arctic Freezer II in my Z390 Designare. It uses a single cable to power the pump and fans — very clean — and has a small fan on the CPU block to circulate air around the VRMs.

As for the case, it may take until March to arrive. Aarg.

What case did you order?

I have the non-RGB Arctic Freezer II in my Z390 Designare. It uses a single cable to power the pump and fans — very clean — and has a small fan on the CPU block to circulate air around the VRMs.

As for the case, it may take until March to arrive. Aarg.
I've watched many, many liquid cooler videos as of late (getting re-acquainted) and it looks like they have come a LONG way since I last played with them. Again, very excited!

Excellent work Casey.
"Excellent" would nicely describe this new guide.
But @CaseySJ incidentally also released updated EFI folders for Gigabyte Z390 Designare, Z490 Vision D and G, B550 Vision D and D-P, a pair of X570 boards, the Z690 Aero G, an Asus X99… and I might have missed some. At which point "excellent" feels and fells a bit short… :clap:

If it only takes until March of this year to arrive, it's not the Dune Pro…

@dehjomz @gandem

I've been conducting Thunderbolt tests on the Asus Z690 ProArt Creator and have come to the conclusion that one sleep/wake cycle is necessary to enable the controller after each cold start. After one sleep/wake cycle, the controller remains active when system is shutdown and warm restarted (i.e. without unplugging it from the wall or flipping PSU switch to off).

My earlier tests must have been conducted after a sleep/wake cycle. Will update Post 1 accordingly.

@dehjomz @gandem

I've been conducting Thunderbolt tests on the Asus Z690 ProArt Creator and have come to the conclusion that one sleep/wake cycle is necessary to enable the controller after each cold start. After one sleep/wake cycle, the controller remains active when system is shutdown and warm restarted (i.e. without unplugging it from the wall or flipping PSU switch to off).

My earlier tests must have been conducted after a sleep/wake cycle. Will update Post 1 accordingly.
Interesting. We're pretty early in the BIOS versions I would imagine, I wonder if this is something that will get better or worse along the way. Time will tell.:think:

@dehjomz @gandem

Similar on Z590. Although sometimes it’s random. The controller is awake upon restart without a sleep/wake cycle. seems that the sleep/wake cycle executes certain ACPI code for Tthunderbolt, among other things.

Interesting. We're pretty early in the bios versions I would imagine, I wonder if this is something that will get better or worse along the way. Time will tell.:think:

Similar on Z590. Although sometimes it’s random. The controller is awake upon restart without a sleep/wake cycle. seems that the sleep/wake cycle executes certain ACPI code for Tthunderbolt, among other things.
Hopefully we can find an ACPI (SSDT) solution for this eventually.

Back