Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hi Steve,

The primary differences would be:
  • USB port map
  • Device Properties
  • Audio Layout ID
You may, however, try the EFI folder as-is. When installing macOS, it's strong recommended to connect USB 2.0 peripherals such as mouse/keyboard to front panel USB 3.x port.
Thank you Casey

One last question, is there anything I need to do to in network setting to activate the Marvell 10gb connection?

Hi Casey, would the attached EFI work for ASUS Z690 ROG Extreme MB, i9-12900K, RX6800?

Hi Steve,

The primary differences would be:
  • USB port map
  • Device Properties
  • Audio Layout ID
You may, however, try the EFI folder as-is. When installing macOS, it's strong recommended to connect USB 2.0 peripherals such as mouse/keyboard to front panel USB 3.x port.

One last question, is there anything I need to do to in network setting to activate the Marvell 10gb connection?

I modified Casey's Z690 Aero G EFI and it worked for the Z690 Extreme so I assume the Z690 ProArt will work even better especially since Casey outlined BIOS settings too. I'm working on updating my EFI based on Casey's ProArt but 2.5/10G Ethernet is already configured in the EFI.

I have the Z690 Extreme and it works. 2.5/10G connection is already configured and Audio Layout ID isn't needed.

USB Mapping is required for audio to work though since the Extreme uses the ALC4082 codec.

Last edited:
I modified Casey's Z690 Aero G EFI and it worked for the Z690 Extreme so I assume the Z690 ProArt will work even better especially since Casey outlined BIOS settings too. I'm working on updating my EFI based on Casey's ProArt but 2.5/10G Ethernet is already configured in the EFI.

I have the Z690 Extreme and it works. 2.5/10G connection is already configured and Audio Layout ID isn't needed.

USB Mapping is required for audio to work though since the Extreme uses the ALC4082 codec.
When you update your the EFI can you please send a copy, thank you so much

@CaseySJ great work as usual and nice hardware choices! I used your EFI upload with some very minor modifications to get an Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi board working (ITX format). Thunderbolt Hot Plugging seems to work, Sleep Wake, Wireless and Bluetooth with an installed BCM94360NG card work also. I've got an i5-12600K installed now and temperatures with an Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280 are very reasonable not exceeding 60 degrees so far.

Anyone who is interested in this ITX board beware of your choice of CPU coolers. Low profile Fan/Heatsink options that will fit in an ITX case may not be powerful enough, if you go with a bigger case that allows better clearance and hence bigger better coolers then of course no issue.

They main caveat I found with this board are that the heat sinks surrounding the processor socket are closer that usual and don't provide enough room for some AIO coolers. The NZXT Kraken x63 280mm is unusable because the hose input/output connectors to the cooling head are big enough that regardless of orientation they hit a heat sink or block the ability to fasten to one of the back plate mount points (the thumb screws are big compared to other coolers).

Same story with an EK-AIO Basic 240, which I would normally recommend because its so quiet, won't fit for the same reason. I was unable to find any warnings about this board and cooler clearances maybe because of how new the LGA1700 solutions are. Guess I should send emails to NZXT and EK at some point. The Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280 that I ended up using just does fit but its tighter than I like. Otherwise loving the new build!

When you update your the EFI can you please send a copy, thank you so much

It's going to take me a while since my Z690 isn't my hackintosh rig so I'd suggest try Casey's EFI first

It's going to take me a while since my Z690 isn't my hackintosh rig so I'd suggest try Casey's EFI first
Ok no worries. I am no experience with USB mapping

It's likely that your Aquantia (Marvell) AQC113C is also connected to RP01. The EFI folder in Post 1 is already configured to enable this 10GbE Ethernet port.

Ok no worries. I am no experience with USB mapping
We have a guide for that here:

LGA1700 bracket arrived. Kraken x63 installed to the ProArt z690. Updated BIOS to 0811. Still tinkering. macOS loads, CPU (12700K) opportunistically boosting to 5.3 at light load, boosting to 5.1 under all-core load. 77 degrees in Cinebench @ 5.1. Kraken with LGA1700 mount is really cooling Alder Lake very well.

Thunderbolt Maple Ridge hotplug working finally in macOS, unlike Gigabyte z590 Vision D. Maple ridge NVM is v31. Only issue is s3 sleep isn't working in Windows. Rather than going to sleep, system reboots. But in macOS, system sleeps and awakens just fine.

1642479632024.png

Last edited:
@dehjomz

We can control Kraken pump speed and LED modes with liquidctl. If you have a NZXT Smart Device V2, we can control fans and LEDs connected through the hub.

Incidentally, which case, memory, and GPU are you using?

As for Maple Ridge hot plug, was it necessary to invoke a sleep/wake cycle or a warm reboot?

Regarding sleep in Windows, perhaps the fix for xh_adls3 should be wrapped in an if (OSI (“Darwin”)) {…} block… Will make this change soon.

Last edited:
Back