Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Thanks. Sorry, but I don't know what this file structure is referring to.
That structure belongs to the EFI folder inside OpenCore-0.9.8-RELEASE kit.
So, you can easily find ocvalidate utility (used for validating config.plist after editing it).

Keep consistency with stuff inside a given version of Opencore.
Look at the date/size of different files.

Example :

1709747557903.png

This .efi file belongs to OC 0.8.0.

Your config.plist file seems to be tailored for OC 0.9.8 needs.

NO.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING.

Please follow @Feartech advice.
Cheers :)

Thanks. Sorry, but I don't know what this file structure is referring to. Should I just download ocvalidate from github? https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/tree/master/Utilities/ocvalidate

That structure belongs to the EFI folder inside OpenCore-0.9.8-RELEASE kit.
So, you can easily find ocvalidate utility (used for validating config.plist after editing it).

Keep consistency with stuff inside a given version of Opencore.
Look at the date/size of different files.

Example :

View attachment 579319
This .efi file belongs to OC 0.8.0.

Your config.plist file seems to be tailored for OC 0.9.8 needs.

NO.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING.

Please follow @Feartech advice.
good advice that!

always check the new OC files that they match with yours

good advice that!

always check the new OC files that they match with yours
Let's check :

1) Use ocvalidate from OC 0.8.0 ( 22-APR-2022)

1709748888565.png

2) Use ocvalidate from OC 0.9.8 (latest, stable)

1709748954828.png

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• OpenCore_Settings_and_config_plist_-_for_Official_OpenCore__0_9_8_Release_Configuration_.png
    OpenCore_Settings_and_config_plist_-_for_Official_OpenCore__0_9_8_Release_Configuration_.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
This may be the issue right there. I am using the latest OpenCore Configurator I downloaded from the link in the first post under "Download Essential Utilities" https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-opencore-configurator/

I do not see how to configure it to format the config in 0.8.0.

Sorry I am such a newb. I have not done this in a while.
Although I fully encourage/support you learning what you can to better understand the way of things, here is the thread pertaining to the z790 ProArt BIOS stuff:

You'll find at the end a fresh efi I just posted that may get you a leg up.

J

Thank you. Yes, I am reading it now.

This may be the issue right there. I am using the latest OpenCore Configurator I downloaded from the link in the first post under "Download Essential Utilities" https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-opencore-configurator/

I do not see how to configure it to format the config in 0.8.0.

Sorry I am such a newb. I have not done this in a while.

Basically for each new version of OpenCore that is released an updated version of OpenCore Configurator is released, so they have to "match". Because OpenCore is actually still classified as "beta" software, the devs add or remove stuff to make it better with each iteration. So ... OC Configurator for 0.9.8 will NOT format correctly for 0.8.0 etc.

As Sonoma needs the latest versions of OpenCore to work, get the matching OC Configurator from MacKay. They have an archive of older versions too.

:)

Although I fully encourage/support you learning what you can to better understand the way of things, here is the thread pertaining to the z790 ProArt BIOS stuff:

You'll find at the end a fresh efi I just posted that may get you a leg up.

J
Thank you brother. With your EFI, I am now in the install UI. Much appreciated!

I'm sure I will have other issues down the road...one step at a time.

Basically for each new version of OpenCore that is released an updated version of OpenCore Configurator is released, so they have to "match". Because OpenCore is actually still classified as "beta" software, the devs add or remove stuff to make it better with each iteration. So ... OC Configurator for 0.9.8 will NOT format correctly for 0.8.0 etc.

As Sonoma needs the latest versions of OpenCore to work, get the matching OC Configurator from MacKay. They have an archive of older versions too.

:)
Thanks! That makes sense. I re-read the instructions on the first post, and it actually said exactly this but I didn't understand it the first time I read it.

Back