Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

[..]. But on BIOS 2103, I find that when I first reboot from windows into macOS, the first sleep cycle has an instant wake if a cable is connected to the AQC113c. But then the second and subsequent sleep cycles, it goes to sleep normally. Of course, others may have a different experience than me.
Hi. I confirm the same behaviour on BIOS 2204. We don’t have a solution, yet, right?

Last edited:
Even with the latest BIOS (0814) and XMP on the z790 won't post.
That's odd, mine seems to POST? What happens when yours tries?
@CaseySJ and others wanted to say thank you for a great work, got the z790 almost perfectly working.
Did you get the i226v eth controller showing/working? I can't see it at all in Network within Big Sur.

That's odd, mine seems to POST? What happens when yours tries?

Did you get the i226v eth controller showing/working? I can't see it at all in Network within Big Sur.
Yellow memory Q-LED lights up and won’t post until cmos is cleared, I have a feeling it might be Asus/G.Skill bios issue.

Second Nic.
It does show up, later on will plug the cable in and see what happens.

Yellow memory Q-LED lights up and won’t post until cmos is cleared, I have a feeling it might be Asus/G.Skill bios issue.

Second Nic.
It does show up, later on will plug the cable in and see what happens.
Hmm, unsure why that is.. Let me know if you need me to test anything specific to help try narrow it down.

What OS are you running? Are you able to share how you got the i226-v to show up?

The only 3 items i have in Network are;
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth PAN
Thunderbolt Bridge

Thanks

Hmm, unsure why that is.. Let me know if you need me to test anything specific to help try narrow it down.
Don't know what to tell you, I've done everything I can think off get same results.

What OS are you running? Are you able to share how you got the i226-v to show up?
Ventura 13.2, but did the same on the 13.1. I follow @CaseySJ OP and it did show up, however it doesn't detect the network, show cable not connected. The ACQ113 works like a charm.

The only 3 items i have in Network are;
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth PAN
Thunderbolt Bridge
Hm I couldn't get the Thunderbolt to show up.

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 12.49.40 PM.png

Ventura 13.2, but did the same on the 13.1. I follow @CaseySJ OP and it did show up, however it doesn't detect the network, show cable not connected. The ACQ113 works like a charm.
I followed the procedure in OP for testing even though Casey stated Monterey and Ventura, doesn't show in System Report in Big Sur.. So i'm left at a loss at the moment regarding that.

Hm I couldn't get the Thunderbolt to show up.

View attachment 562819
Not sure if this is relevant at all, but I'm running a BRG0.aml for my GPU as it's the XTXH version. Would that have anything to do with why mine shows Thunderbolt Bridge in Network? Or has nothing to do with it at all? Is it perhaps, just a Big Sur thing?

Thunderbolt Bridge will appear if Thunderbolt Bus is enabled. It allows Thunderbolt to be used as an Ethernet connection between two Macs. Some Thunderbolt NAS units also require this.

I think that the macOS sleep problem has nothing to do with the memory frequency and whether XMP is turned on or not. It is probably related to ACPI. I'll then look into regenerating the ACPI-related config files to see if that fixes the issue. After all, we are now using the old ACPI profile of the Asus ProArt z690 motherboard.
How did you go with this?

Thunderbolt Bridge will appear if Thunderbolt Bus is enabled. It allows Thunderbolt to be used as an Ethernet connection between two Macs. Some Thunderbolt NAS units also require this.
Just to confirm, the Thunderbolt Bus doesn't appear in Monterey and Ventura correct?

In Big Sur it appeared in System Report, with the Thunderbolt Bridge showing in Network.

Just updated to Monterey 12.6.2 and System Report shows no Thunderbolt bus. However my UAD Apollo Twin X does still work using your v2.aml, hot plugging, switching on and off while in the OS etc.

Is there any other configurations i can test Thunderbolt wise to try get the UAD Apollo Twin Mk2 (TB2 -> TB3) working?
I'd like to test for others out there.

Thanks

Just to circle back on using iStatistica Pro, the only way I've been able to get my GPU properly recognized is by removing all device properties from the OpenCore config. At this point, I don't believe I'm losing any functionality as both NIC's were disabled already. I'm losing some cosmetic info under PCI in about this Mac, but I think that's it.
Can I ask if this would work with the 6900 XTXH variant? I know I need the Device ID to spoof the card but unsure if I can remove everything else. LOL

In Big Sur it recognized it in iStatistica Pro without a problem; in Monterey 12.6.2 it shows as Realtek ALC-S1220A.

Added the RadeonSensor 0.3.1 kexts and no luck. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Back