Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Absolutely no problem on my Asus ProArt Z690-Creator with alcid=13. Try deleting AppleALC.kext from EFI folder, empty the trash, then copy latest version to EFI/OC/Kexts folder. If you have multiple EFI folders, check that system is booting from the right one.
This is my config with alcid=1 (layout 01000000). I already have latest AppleALC.kext, one EFI updated to 0.8.8.
dp.jpg

nram.jpg

nvram2.jpg

sound.jpg

If I use alcid=13, I loose front panel mic, and both rear Line in and pink Mic In.
With alcid=1 I have rear green and front panel headset switching on headphone, front mic, orange and black as second and third output.

Last edited:
This is my config with alcid=1 (layout 01000000). I already have last AppleALC.kext, one EFI updated to 0.8.8.

If I use alcid=13, I loose front panel mic, and both rear Line in and pink Mic In.
With alcid=1 I have rear green and front panel headset switching on headphone, front mic, orange and black as second and third output.

** Question for Everyone with Asus ProArt Z690 **

If you are using Layout ID 13 (alcid=13) with AppleALC, do your Headphone (front panel) and green Line Out jacks work properly?

** Question for Everyone with Asus ProArt Z690 **

If you are using Layout ID 13 (alcid=13) with AppleALC, do your Headphone (front panel) and green Line Out jacks work properly?
Just to clear it up, using id 13 I lose all inputs, green line out and front panel headtset are switching correctly.

Using ID 1, I have rear pink Mic In and front panel Mic In working, switching on the same channel. Rear one has noise reduction.
Blue Line In seems not to work using a mic, probably needs a stronger signal?

Just to clear it up, using id 13 I lose all inputs, green line out and front panel headtset are switching correctly.

Using ID 1, I have rear pink Mic In and front panel Mic In working, switching on the same channel. Rear one has noise reduction.
Okay, I’ll check microphone inputs later today.

@CaseySJ (and all the tireless contributors):

Just wanted to say thank you (again).

As you might remember, I've been a minor part of your Designare thread for years, as I have three systems I use professionally based on that build. I also have a z390m gaming at home (all 9900k).

I've been following this thread since it's inception, and you may have noticed, I finally made the leap!

It's a 690 Creator with a 13700k and a 6900XT. I had some concerns about the BIOS/Intel ME flashing, but it went smoothly. Last night -- once I was set in Windows 11 -- I plugged in an OC stick I made (and updated) from your thread here, and without issue, the sucker booted into Ventura using literally an external USB drove containing a CC Clone of my z390m drive. I haven't played with a ton yet, but GB SC score is 2089, MC score is 20782. I'm cooling it with a Noctua nh-d15 in a Fractal Torrent compact case, and from what I can tell, I've got some room to overclock even.

I still have some work/testing/cleanup to do with this new system, but all signs point to another successful build thanks to your (and everyone else's) amazing amazing work.

Thanks again!
J

P.S. I'll test the audio Layout ID and report when I can.

Okay, I’ll check microphone inputs later today.

Just connected an analog microphone to the rear pink jack, and it works properly with alcid=13. Try increasing the Input volume slider (move it towards the right) as shown in the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 2.10.48 PM.png

Will test front panel now (have to install an adapter).

@biuti,

Please try the attached test build of AppleALC with Layout 13. Found a problem with front-panel microphone input on my system and this version fixes it. All these inputs are working now:
  • Rear pink microphone
  • Rear blue line-in
  • Front microphone

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
@biuti,

Please try the attached test build of AppleALC with Layout 13. Found a problem with front-panel microphone input on my system and this version fixes it. All these inputs are working now:
  • Rear pink microphone
  • Rear blue line-in
  • Front microphone
I'll try this and let you know, thanks a lot.
All tests on inputs were done with slider full right and noise reduction on and off, when available.

UPDATE
Great job @CaseySJ
So using alcid=13 with new kext now I get:
- rear green Line Out and front panel Line Out switching on first channel
- rear orange and black Line Out
- rear pink Mic In and front panel Mic In switching on first channel
- rear blue Line In
All Input with noise reduction.

Issue:
After I tried pink and blue rear input, plugging the mic back into front panel I wasn't able to make it work again. A restart solved.
Now it's late in the night here, if you have something for me to try I'll be happy to help tomorrow.

Last edited:
Can you confirm if your BIOS is 0204? That's what came shipped with my board, i updated to 0704 and now 0814, all seem to be working. However, I would like to run more tests on 0204 to compare my results with versions 0704/0814. Trying to pinpoint the most stable bios version, I just can't find the BIOS file anywhere online.

For BIOS comparison, If there's anything in particular I should be looking out for (that I may not be aware of), please let me know.

Thanks.
My Asus ProArt z790 Creator WIFI motherboard was produced in December 2022 with the bios 0704. When i finished my PC assembly,I first installed the Windows 11 pro and check the bios update in the ASUS official web site, but did not find new bios to update. At present, I found my mac os won't go to normal sleep.
I have noticed that my Corsair RAM becomes unstable when running at high frequency 6200 with XMP enabled. I had to lower the memory frequency to 6000. I don't know if it's a memory issue or a motherboard bios issue. I found that the new BIOS update has improved memory compatibility, I will test it.

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to know why the ACPI from EFI-080-ASUS-Z690-PROART-CREATOR-WIFI.zip prevents my external sound blaster x4 from working?

Swapping in a different, generic z690 ACPI file, and leaving all the rest alone (kexts loaded, etc) makes it work fine.

I see some of the ACPI included in the zip are listed as 'disable USB quirk' in ProperTree, but I'm not sure which one might be the issue? Or should I just use the other ACPI that works, with the kexts from the 080 zip file in a hybrid fashion?

Thanks!

Back