Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

@CaseySJ
Interesting I found that in Ventura using the Aquantia quirck would disturb the sleep function for some reason on the ProArt Z690 board. But the Intel Ethernet was not seen anymore because the necessary plugin kext is removed by Apple in the Public Beta. After reading about it, I added only the kext for the Intel I225 to the kext folder in OpenCore, and it is working now. So my question is are there additional benefits of using the aml file, too?
The SSDT (i.e., "aml" or ACPI Machine Language file) just provides a number of descriptive properties, but these appear to be redundant because the kext handles it.

I can confirm, as others have here, that OpenCore Prerelease 0.8.3 with Lilu.kext 1.62 works with the Ventura Beta on my Asus Rog Strix Z690 G Gaming MB. Without the updated Open Core version it would stall at boot somewhere around Thunderbolt DP verification (or something like that). I chose to install to a separate drive and after installation was able to use Migration Assistant to bring over my apps and settings from Monterey.

On my little NUC8 box I created an additional volume that is shared with Monterey and successfully installed to that. So it isn't necessary to have to have a separate drive but that's probably a slightly safer option.

As usual great work being done here.
Hello, I'm glad to hear that ASUS z690i can drive hackintosh. Can you send me an EFI file? Thank you,BRO!
my profile: 12400+ASUS Z690i+RX5600 XT

HI is there an alternative method to make the USB disk? I keep getting errors with this process
"Failed to extract AssetData/boot/Firmware/Manifests/InstallerBoot/* from update bundle The bless of the installer disk failed. " . I have tried on two macs (an M1 and a hackintosh) and several usb drives. Any assistance would be appreciated. I have tried 12.4 and other versions . Thanks!

HI is there an alternative method to make the USB disk? I keep getting errors with this process
"Failed to extract AssetData/boot/Firmware/Manifests/InstallerBoot/* from update bundle The bless of the installer disk failed. " . I have tried on two macs (an M1 and a hackintosh) and several usb drives. Any assistance would be appreciated. I have tried 12.4 and other versions . Thanks!
Please try setting csr-active-config to 67000000 and reboot, as mentioned here:

Hello, I'm glad to hear that ASUS z690i can drive hackintosh. Can you send me an EFI file? Thank you,BRO!
For the Asus Z690-i please see:

Please try setting csr-active-config to 67000000 and reboot, as mentioned here:
Thanks I tried this, and it still stalls out. Looked on https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...ide/mac-install.html#setting-up-the-installer and it seems may be some issues with Monterey. I am trying to make a Big Sur one (worked!).

Last edited:
I see you were suspended for posting an email address, if and when they let you back in Casey posted his here. I use a slightly modified version but recommend you start with his. #1,084

EDIT: Casey sent you the same thing...ha

Is it just my browser, or has Asus pulled all BIOS files for ProArt Z690-Creator for the time being?

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 3.29.14 AM.png

seems ok:
Seems Asus Global site is okay, but the US site is affected:

Back