Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

If you removed the OSXWIFI card, then it’s not possible to use a Bluetooth mouse. Have you tried using a simple USB mouse?
Yes, I'm sorry... That's what I did, Removing the card and using an USB keyboard and mouse...same behavior, now trying to change different OC configurations base on yours....My bios is 1003 (came with..) now thinking in update to 1403?? What do you think?

Yes, I'm sorry... That's what I did, Removing the card and using an USB keyboard and mouse...same behavior, now trying to change different OC configurations base on yours....My bios is 1003 (came with..) now thinking in update to 1403?? What do you think?
Yes we should upgrade to 1403.

Disclaimer: My board experienced a boot loop each time I upgraded BIOS. This hasn't happened to most users, but there is nevertheless a risk...

Stage Manager:
  • It's a bit awkward to enable and disable
  • I like having desktop icons present on the desktop, but Stage Manager hides them when any application window is present; it gives the entire stage to the application window
  • It treats the desktop as its own stage, so desktop icons are only shown when only the desktop is visible
  • It would be good to have a preference (oops, I mean setting) that allows us to keep (a) disk icons and/or (b) stacks and/or (c) individual file/folder icons visible at all times
Nevermind that!!

Thanks to @Jasonhacks for finding this little gem...

Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 11.56.44 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 11.59.34 AM.png

Yes we should upgrade to 1403.

Disclaimer: My board experienced a boot loop each time I upgraded BIOS. This hasn't happened to most users, but there is nevertheless a risk...
Yes, I read about it...
I change the following and now system goes to sleep and awakes upon mouse movement, but Lacie HD (TB) disconnects ( I read something saying that is normal) and the function on mouse and function keys on my Apple keyboard got mess-up.
For info: Did the update from 1003 to 1403, all good and no errors or boot loop.
Testing now…..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 10.38.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 10.38.52 PM.png
    283.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 10.39.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 10.39.07 PM.png
    435.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Nevermind that!!

Thanks to @Jasonhacks for finding this little gem...

View attachment 551156View attachment 551157
Nice I welcome more customizations. Perhaps Stage Manager may be useful after all. Will be interesting to see what new features and customizations Apple adds in later betas, point iterations, and macOS 14+.

Also, I just realized something on Asus Z690 boards. When overclocked (and perhaps even at stock), if the CPU voltage is set to Auto, there may be some annoying coil whine in macOS. It could be the frequency vector data in CPUFriend data, I haven't played around with it. This coil whine happens when moving the mouse and sometimes even when Youtube is playing. This doesn't happen in Linux or Windows... just macOS. Perhaps we need to tune CPUFriend data for Alder Lake?

My board has an OLED screen that displays various system parameters like cpu voltage, temp, amperage and so forth. So when voltage is set to 'Auto' it is bouncing all over the place from as little as 0.6 volts all the way up to 1.4 volts. Setting a manual voltage (with LLC @ 4, system voltage will decrease unto a max of of 90-100 millivolts as more cores are loaded up) eliminates/significantly reduces the coil whine to where it is now imperceptible. The voltage stays in a much smaller range (as compared to Auto) and thus there is less stress/strain on the VRM, and thus less noise. Perhaps this could be useful to anyone who's experiencing VRM coil whine in macOS on Asus z690.

I'm overclocked... 5.3 GHz on 1 core, 5.2 on 2-3 cores, and 5.1 on all 8 P-cores. Asus AI overclocking was pushing me even further to 5.4 GHz on at least some of the P cores.

Last edited:
** Ventura Public Beta Users **

UPDATE:
It is not necessary to use SSDT-I225V.aml or SSDT-I225V-NO-DTGP.aml.

To enable the Intel i225-V Ethernet port, please follow this procedure curated by @NCMacGuy -- but it's okay to skip the SSDT mentioned in the procedure:

Last edited:
Hi any advice for a new build? 4800 vs 5600 memory ? i9 vs i7 ? I guess I should use the same case to make sure the mapping works? Thanks !

Hi any advice for a new build? 4800 vs 5600 memory ? i9 vs i7 ? I guess I should use the same case to make sure the mapping works? Thanks !
There are no right or wrong answers to these questions. It's a matter of picking components that suit a particular computing need or preference.

For DDR5, the chip manufacturer seems to matter as much as the quoted speed, with SKHynix>Samsung>>>Micron. If you buy 4800, you're likely to be getting Micron, so avoid it. Also, you must get dual rank above single rank. The primary and secondary timings (CAS latency, et al) don't matter as much as they do for DDR4, so don't pay extra for better timings. See the second half of this video:

CaseySJ thanks for the help but I'll give up to fix the sleeping....no way to have working properly. but another issue is regarding the USB's ports, more specifically the ones HS3,4,5 and 6. I can connect an usb pen drive and works, but anything else doesn't, I.e Joystick doesn't work or even turn the lights on...I'm using configured to limit in 15 ports as per the guide and your OC ACPI's.
Nice machine apart of those issues.....
Thanks again

Back